DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

About MM Batteries

Dbez1

107 Pilot
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Thanks to Mavic South Oz, I was directed to a site that provided some great information re the MM lithium ion batteries and I thought it might be worth sharing. The following is a quote from batteryuniversity.com...
BU-702: How to Store Batteries – Battery University
“Similar to a mechanical device that wears out faster with heavy use, the depth of discharge (DoD) determines the cycle count of the battery. The smaller the discharge (low DoD), the longer the battery will last. If at all possible, avoid full discharges and charge the battery more often between uses. Partial discharge on Li-ion is fine. There is no memory and the battery does not need periodic full discharge cycles to prolong life. The exception may be a periodic calibration of the fuel gauge on a smart battery or intelligent device.“‘
In other words, our batteries for the MM are different than those in the larger DJI drones and in that regard, we have some advantages. First of all, there’s no memory so we can charge them at any point of discharge. Also, we can keep them fully charged and ready for action without shortening their life.
If I’m wrong, please correct me as I don’t want to spread misinformation.

Drone valley on YouTube has a video on the difference between the mini batteries and those of mavic pro series. I can’t remember the title of the video but it’s one of his shorter ones.
One of his shorter videos ..... ha ha, absolutely true. This man indeed makes a long and compelling story of simple subjects, but often also fun and interesting

One of his shorter videos ..... ha ha, absolutely true. This man indeed makes a long and compelling story of simple subjects, but often also fun and interesting
He definitely knows his stuff.

great source, but he takes 10 minutes to get to one minute of actual information.. many times I don't watch because of that.
he isn't alone - generally these vloggers take far too long and ramble on (drone on?) before hitting the main content..drives me nuts... but its what ff is for I guess :)

Reactions: RogerDH
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaVVT