DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

about to buy a Mavic Pro

Depends on if it's been crashed or not and how many cycles on the batteries.
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. So, take a look around and hope you enjoy some of the fine photography and information posted by the members.
As @dirkclod stated there are a few things you will want to find out. If it is local to you see it in a test flight, get battery info, why is the person selling, what will your recourse be if for some reason it isn't the condition you thought it was.

Welcome to the forum and like dirkclod said ask the seller more questions and he should be able to show you how many cycles the batterys got on them and ask if it's been registered with the FAA and if so make sure he takes it off his account so you can register it other than that good luck and keep us posted.

A big Texas Welcome to Arnold from the DFW area!

Haven’t flown in Austin yet. Guess I'll have to see it thru your lens (a mighty fine one). The Mavic Pro is a fabulous machine for the beginner and the pro alike. Lots of fellow Texans and over 100,000 others of us from around the world are here to help you gain skill as a pilot and photographer.

Be sure to read the manual! Be sure you practice using “Find My Drone”. Chances are you’ll crash, and perhaps lose your Mav. Just be sure you know how to retrieve it!

Glad to have you with us!

Have the buyer fly it first, and then if it flies well, for $500, it's not a bad deal. If you can double your budget, you'd be a lot happier with the Mavic Air 2. Good little bird for the budget.

Better optics, better flight time and characteristics, and much better sensor.

I had zero problems while I had mine. I bought one to review, but sold it. It just didn't fit my workflow.

Have the buyer fly it first, and then if it flies well, for $500, it's not a bad deal. If you can double your budget, you'd be a lot happier with the Mavic Air 2. Good little bird for the budget.

Better optics, better flight time and characteristics, and much better sensor.

I had zero problems while I had mine. I bought one to review, but sold it. It just didn't fit my workflow.

This post made me laugh a bit.

"Double your budget" = better bird, who would have thought? ?

Welcome from the Houston area. I got my first M1P on Ebay for $540.00 (delivered). it came with two batteries but there was a broken gimbal cover. While flying that one on sport mode low altitude iIclobbered a low hung branch. I wasnt sure if I was going to repair it or chalk it up to experience (i have wasted a few Skyvipers and a Cima). That night I saw one on offer up at a pawn shop near my house. They were asking $600.00 as it was my birthday they came down to $550.00 with three batteries. I did get the first one repaired so I now have two M1P's. Great drone. in the burbs i have been able to get out to just under 10,000 feet some days but usually it is about 5500 feet.

If the batteries get tired they are readily available on Ebay, Amazon or from DJI. Good luck and never fly higher or faster than your guardian angel can.

Thanks for all the responses. already fly a Phantom 4P. didn't think I would like the Mavic as much as I ended up liking it! Had some troubles with the IMU when I upgraded, until I found a forum showing how to calibrate starting on the back legs instead of flat, and that fixed it. The compass seems extremely sensitive to metal/magnetic interference.
So now my goal will be the Mavic 2 Pro, and the Phantom 4P v2. I always work on upgrading and selling the older ones.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dean1980