DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

About using mini 2 propellers on the mini 1 drone

Not enough to out weigh that the motors could be slightly out of balance with the caps on and possible overheating from the caps. It was a fun experiment.

Reactions: Saladshooter
Not enough to out weigh that the motors could be slightly out of balance with the caps on and possible overheating from the caps. It was a fun experiment.
Thank you for the reply.... as I indicated earlier, I was going to do a similar mod but ultimately upgraded to the Mini 2. It is a definitely better drone in wind and the range is amazing.

I bought a pair of mini 2 props for my mini to test if the prop geometry is making the mini 2 faster and more quite. I am a tool and die maker/design engineer and measured everything up. The mini height of the hub is .184 compared to the mini 2 measures longer at .219. Hub diameters are the same .232. Hub counterbore diameters are .196 for the mini and .168 for the mini 2. A side by side comparison of the shape of the blades is almost identical with the exception that the mini 2 is much stiffer when bending by hand. The thickness of the blades measure the same so they must use a different plastic. The screw diameters are .090 for the mini and .093 for the mini 2. Thread sizes are different. My plan is to make a fixture at work to mod the mini 2 props to accept the mini screws. I need to do a few more measurements at work. If it works i could make more sets. It may be a few weeks before I would have the time at work to do this so please be patient on the results.
Hi, one of the propellor threads in the motor has stripped on my mini se (uses the same motors as the mini 2), I was just wondering what size tap and die set you would recommend me to get so I can fix it? Thankyou if you can help :) and thankyou if not aswell

M1.7 x .35 tap is the mini 2 size.
Hi Murdok.
I'm going to modify my old Spark...
I've got Mavic Air (full size) propellers, Mavic Air Motors, arm extension, extended batteries...

Today I mounted two Mini propellers (4762F) in my Spark and sounds good :)
Just remove the paddle hub.

Now I would mount Mini3 Pro propellers using the Mini's screws.
I don't know the propeller hole size (diameter and thickness)
It fits the Mini or Mini2 screw?

Can you help me?
Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123