DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Absolute Newbie to drones from Surrey, UK

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to our Forum. Loud Thunder’s advice is spot on and he’s even given you some U.K. pointers. There is a huge amount of help available here so sure you’ll be a regular contributor. If the ongoing work you post is as good as this we’ll all look forward to your future films. Your composure of the long shots is, in my book, just right and reflects your photography background. We used to live in Burpham so it’s we’ll know country for me. Keep ‘em coming.
Cheers @twickers14 - it's a whole new world but thanks for the encouragement!

Hi,

I'm Graham from Surrey in the UK. Brand new to drone flying, although have a lot of experience in still photography (mostly studio stuff). Only flown my MP3 a few times since getting it last month but seem to be getting the hang of the controls. I had no idea that 120m was that high, and was certainly not prepared for the feeling of impending doom the first time I flew it out over the ocean from a cliff!

Really loving the video capabilities this little guy has and the perspective of being in flight brings to it. Looking forward to the learning curve and sharing in the forum.

Here is my first attempt at putting a scene together, it's not perfect by any stretch, but I did enjoy the learning experience :)

Hi Graham, I’m in Somerset and also new to droning (well, not according to my wife) also with a 2-month old M3P. It’s good isn’t it? Just wait until you put it into Sports mode and fly it FPV, it’s awesome - I can see how people get hooked on it 😁

Hi Graham, I’m in Somerset and also new to droning (well, not according to my wife) also with a 2-month old M3P. It’s good isn’t it? Just wait until you put it into Sports mode and fly it FPV, it’s awesome - I can see how people get hooked on it 😁
Thanks @GreyDad might be a while before I give sport mode a go! It's enough of a learning curve getting to grips with the controls in normal and cine modes ;)

Thanks @GreyDad might be a while before I give sport mode a go! It's enough of a learning curve getting to grips with the controls in normal and cine modes ;)
Find some empty space with loads of room and fly it around as much as you can 😆 I was a bit nervous as well but it turns out it’s dead easy to fly in Sports mode, just that things happen a bit faster and there’s no safety net! I’ve been going out with the aim of trying “one new thing per battery”, whether it’s flying, catching, hand launching, hyperlapse or different flight modes. There’s a lot to go through so buy plenty of batteries 😃

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne