DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Accessory Cover

Flying Kiwi

Reactions
We have had two of our Mavic 2 Enterprise craft end up with damaged covers (where the three accessories are attached). It seems almost impossible to remove these covers, without knocking the tiny little feet off the small plastic cover. We can use the strobe light fitting to provide a cover instead. Is the original cover intended to be a single use item or are we doing something wrong when prepping the craft for the speaker/strobe/floods? Grant.

We have had two of our Mavic 2 Enterprise craft end up with damaged covers (where the three accessories are attached). It seems almost impossible to remove these covers, without knocking the tiny little feet off the small plastic cover. We can use the strobe light fitting to provide a cover instead. Is the original cover intended to be a single use item or are we doing something wrong when prepping the craft for the speaker/strobe/floods? Grant.

Some pictures might be best to understand this problem.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain !
Coal

Are you referring to this (attached photo)?

FF58390B-60F6-4BE4-BC33-8C1ECBCB97C0.jpeg

I’ve had the same problem. The cover broke the very first time I removed it. Have been very cautious with it since then.

View attachment 76908

I’ve had the same problem. The cover broke the very first time I removed it. Have been very cautious with it since then.

You might consider getting the Mavic Wet Suit as you can use the extra Neoprene to cut out the designated area and than use the cover piece that comes with it.

Its quick the Wet Suit will allow you fly in search in extreme weather conditions and provide a quick hook up.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your mavic in and out of the storm.

Reactions: Dronage
The accessory port cover isn't really designed for regular removal/installation it seems, or at least the plastic it's made from isn't really suitable for this.

The USB socket is also very delicate, so I would recommend minimising the number of times you remove/install an accessory.

On the bright side, DJI have just added the accessory port covers to their dealer ordering system, for the princley sum of 75 euro cents.

As for PhantomRain suggesting that his "wetsuit" is a solution for a broken accessory port cover, this is a complete scam and not worth falling for.

The accessory port cover isn't really designed for regular removal/installation it seems, or at least the plastic it's made from isn't really suitable for this.

The USB socket is also very delicate, so I would recommend minimising the number of times you remove/install an accessory.

On the bright side, DJI have just added the accessory port covers to their dealer ordering system, for the princley sum of 75 euro cents.

As for PhantomRain suggesting that his "wetsuit" is a solution for a broken accessory port cover, this is a complete scam and not worth falling for.

Not only is it a solution but the Neoprene molds to the indents beautifully , and we provide the added cover to go over it, giving it double the protection.

Making it so much easier to get on and off . Cover is not even needed.

You also get all the extra benefits of the Wet Suit that a Search and Rescue drone needs.

PHANTOMRAIN.ORG

Gear to fly your Mavic in and out of the storm
coal

View attachment 76908

Yep, that's the offending piece. We are waiting on replacement parts but want to prevent it re-occurring. Thanks for helping clarify the part and the problem. Grant.

I understand your issue. I have also had same issue. It is a very delicate and extremely poor design. The original and extra cover both have lost their feet.

I'd suggest taping the edge with scotch clear tape (just a tiny strip) or do what I did with leftover neoprene wetsuit tape.

See photo.

Good luck!1562732514434.jpeg

We haven't been supplied with the replacement covers as yet. We fly with the strobe attached so something is providing protection of sorts. I am truly astonished that dji produced such a poor quality part on its most advanced small UAV.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas