DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Accessory not supported

cberg414

Reactions
Im getting an accessory not supported message when I plug the controller into my iPhone 13. I tried on my wife’s phone and get the same message I’ve done all the turning on and off, deleting and re download and cleaning the port already. How do I fix this issue?

What controller? What cable? What port on controller?

Im getting an accessory not supported message when I plug the controller into my iPhone 13. I tried on my wife’s phone and get the same message I’ve done all the turning on and off, deleting and re download and cleaning the port already. How do I fix this issue?
Hi, the most common reason for this message is the use of a third party cable. Try using the original genuine Apple cable.

Reactions: bassnbeau
Third party cables. I get that frequently, but it doesn't affect performance. Apple like to overly protect their devices. Certain specs on third party cables fall outside that threshold and Apple wants you to think the world is ending. 😉

Hi, the most common reason for this message is the use of a third party cable. Try using the original genuine Apple cable.
Third party cables. I get that frequently, but it doesn't affect performance. Apple like to overly protect their devices. Certain specs on third party cables fall outside that threshold and Apple wants you to think the world is ending. 😉
Hi, thanks for the response. After I press OK on the not supported message, my screen is black and Read text at the top of the screen it says RC not connected to mobile device.

So I have to go buy an Apple cable and not use the one that DJI sent with the controller?
Update: I went and bought an Apple cable
And am still getting the accessory not supported message.

Attachments

• C2C3DF92-DF0C-4D60-A882-DE8658D3EF3D.png
    C2C3DF92-DF0C-4D60-A882-DE8658D3EF3D.png
    937.7 KB · Views: 5
I will try that one. I just bought an Apple cord and still got the same message. Is there a reason an Apple cord wouldn’t work but the startRc one would?
If the Apple one isn't working, that's not good. Blow out the ports on the phone and the controller. Might be dirt or something in there.

If the Apple one isn't working, that's not good. Blow out the ports on the phone and the controller. Might be dirt or something in there.
I’ve cleaned both ports extensively, do I have a next step before returning or exchanging the whole set?

I’ve cleaned both ports extensively, do I have a next step before returning or exchanging the whole set?
Try to run it with different phones, different controllers if you can, and different cords. If that doesn't fix anything, something is broken.

Unfortunately.

Try to run it with different phones, different controllers if you can, and different cords. If that doesn't fix anything, something is broken.

Unfortunately.
Thanks, yea I tried another phone already and other cords. Just not another controller yet. Super disappointing. Thanks for your assistance

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake