DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active Track another drone?

JeepDSL

Reactions
I finished repairing another Mavic last night and needed to test fly it today. I thought, "It might be kind of neat to video the test flight from the air. I've got another Mavic but not another pilot. I guess I could just put the second one up in hover while I fly the first one around, but how exciting is that? Hmmm, I wonder if I could use active track." So, I took the drones out in my front yard and gave it a try.

It didn't work :(

Whenever I tried to lock in on the drone I wanted to track, Go 4 said, "Could not identify object" (or something like that). There was a tree in the background which I decided might be too much clutter, but moving to where there was just grass didn't help. Maybe the lighting wasn't good enough. It's overcast here today. It's also pretty windy at altitude and the drones wouldn't hold super steady. Anyway, I couldn't get one drone to track another this time. I may try again when I have better weather and more time to play around.

The video isn't much (a very quick edit and no soundtrack). I included it just so you can see what was in the background as I was trying to get active track to lock on and as a three part challenge:
1. Spot my drain field (easiest first)
2. Spot the dead tree
3. Where's Waldo?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redrover61