DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active track in wifi mode

jotto

Reactions
I tested the active track yesterday. I tried to have the Air follow me back to the car instead of carrying it... just for fun. I used the cell phone with wifi mode.

It worked fine until it just stopped and refused to move further. I assume that this was because it moved out of its allowed range from the home position (it's a couple of 100 meters or so?)

If I choose myself as the home position, will the home position update as I move if I have the cell phone with me, or will I need to update it manually from the app as I move?

There is no way to Active Track for more than 100m (~330 feet) with Mavic Air unless you use the controller.
1) Using only a phone, the maximum distance from home point is set to 100m and cannot be turned off. You can reset the home point to your current position, but that requires you to stop whatever activity you're doing and press buttons on the phone screen every 100m.
2) There is no "follow me" mode where the home point is dynamically updated.

What does work is to use both the phone & controller. Turn off maximum distance from home point. Take the sticks out of the controller so that when you put the controller in a pocket or bag the sticks won't mess with the drone.

This video does a great job of explaining everything
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: REO’s MavAir
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lzt300b