DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active track not working as well on update

Zappuppy

Reactions
Hi everyone,
First time post,
Since the latest update my active track is not working nearly as well at tracking motor bikes and buggy's this video was shot before the update.
it worked fantastic.
After update active track is better at tracking walking people but for bike's and buggy's it has become unusable the next short clip is just an example of what happens now, the glitch at the end is the active track failing and me taking over. Even thou the light is different this is the results i am now getting in all conditions since the update
It wont orbit the bike's now without loosing tracking even at low speeds.
Is anyone else having this trouble? Or is it just me being an idiot?
Cheers
Rob

Sorry I can't help with the problem you are having and Not to hijack your thread but your videos look sharp with not jitters or twitch.

If you don't might can you tell me what your camera and controk settings are at and do you use a ND filter?
I'm having trouble with twitchy or laggy video and I'm going completely slower than you are.

Its a mavic 2 pro should have mentioned it first up.
The first one 1080p at 24 fps all auto no ND filters I wanted the motion blur you get at 24 fps. I have been messing with shooting flat and ND filters but because I suck at adjusting the colors in post it always looks better in auto with me keeping my fat fingers away. I am not sure what the second was shot in because I have been messing with frame rates and ISO but It is only 1080. 4k files are just 2 big and I cannot see enough difference to warrant them.The problem I am having in auto is in low light it auto adjusts the ISO and that can wreck the shot. In these situations I am now locking down the ISO.
Yesterday I was shooting at a swimming hole and the high lights where blown 60 fps 1080 full auto. I did not know at the time because is was so bright outside I could not see the screen properly (did not have my ND filters with me anyway). Here's a small sample
Doing it again I will ND filter it and lock the ISO

This drone/camera is amazing it low light performance and quality of video is outstanding a few years ago this quality of image would have cost a million bucks now wow. Just want my auto tracking motor bikes back.
Good luck with your drone.
Cheers
Rob

Reactions: stilly74
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member