DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active Track on the newest update

Cerberus

Reactions
Question...

Do you guys notice that your active track no longer has Trace, Profile and Spotlight when you tap on it?

Yeah - you're right! Flew mine about an hour ago. Thought something was different...
How do we get them to put it back?

Guess I am not the only one to have this problem it seems..

And No, I have no idea how to get them back other than downgrading the firmware or Go 4 App..

Anyone else noticed this missing functions in Active Track?

Is it actually possible to downgrade to previous firmware versions?
I must confess I really don't understand why there are so many. Are they actually making improvements or is it that they just can't get it right?
To lose the Active Track variations is like removing an advertised major feature - surely this was not a planned thing.

Last edited:
Used active track this morning and once target selected get a sliding bar on screen to control spotlight speed and size. Not sure about profile modes, haven't used much active track before...

Just downloaded new v4 manual (2017/03)
Still lists all the active track modes will have to play with it a bit

Last edited:
I believe you just swipe to the left when in ActiveTrack mode.

I can remember they came up automatically on the right half of the screen before you selected a target.

Last edited:
It's after you select the Target now! Just look over to the right and you should see Trace profile and spotlight.

Reactions: bleedgr33n
The functions only appear after you select the target?

Hmm, I am pretty sure I did that and didnt see anything appear at the ride side of the screen..
BUt I'll check it out soon...

Thankz for the replies..

p.s :- to the person who ask whether you can downgrade firmwares, yes you can, but you need to do it through a computer connected to your RC or/and AC. And you need to use DJI software called DJI Assistant 2 to do it..

You can downgrade using the app by holding the 3 bars top right on the front page for about 4 seconds, an option then appears

Maybe you should be "more attentive" before you bash a company because you don't know how to operate the equipment...

At first glance, I'm finding your comment a little confrontational and rude for no reason. I'll be happy to withdraw that if you can show me where the OP bashed DJI once in his comments. Maybe he's amended them and I'm not seeing what you're talking about. But reading what's in front of me right now represents exactly what I'd expect this forum should be all about. Helping other pilots. He posted, realized his mistake, and learned something. Why knock him over the head with a comment like this?

Reactions: Forrest
At first glance, I'm finding your comment a little confrontational and rude for no reason. I'll be happy to withdraw that if you can show me where the OP bashed DJI once in his comments. Maybe he's amended them and I'm not seeing what you're talking about. But reading what's in front of me right now represents exactly what I'd expect this forum should be all about. Helping other pilots. He posted, realized his mistake, and learned something. Why knock him over the head with a comment like this?

Did you even read the thread? In two different posts he referenced DJI dropping the ball and something about trusting them. I take issue with someone coming on here and taking shots at a company because they failed to read the directions properly. DJI gets enough unnecessary heat around here...

Reactions: boone and grizzard
And who might you be - the forum police I guess? Fact is - they (DJI) make plenty of mistakes just like all of us do.

Reactions: Forrest
Did you even read the thread? In two different posts he referenced DJI dropping the ball and something about trusting them. I take issue with someone coming on here and taking shots at a company because they failed to read the directions properly. DJI gets enough unnecessary heat around here...

I did read the thread, and that's why I made the comment I did. I didn't see where he said they dropped the ball, and I still don't. Again, though, this could totally be because he edited the original posts, but I'm not seeing anywhere he said they dropped the ball. I do see a complaint about settings getting reset, but not any real blame being laid on DJI's feet other than saying "wish they didn't reset". Not trying to bash you, so please don't think that. Just don't see the things he's taking heat for in your post. But maybe they've been changed and that's why. Completely possible.

I did read the thread, and that's why I made the comment I did. I didn't see where he said they dropped the ball, and I still don't. Again, though, this could totally be because he edited the original posts, but I'm not seeing anywhere he said they dropped the ball. I do see a complaint about settings getting reset, but not any real blame being laid on DJI's feet other than saying "wish they didn't reset". Not trying to bash you, so please don't think that. Just don't see the things he's taking heat for in your post. But maybe they've been changed and that's why. Completely possible.

No worries Boone! Just looked back and yes the posts were edited.

Reactions: grizzard
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremy Green