DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active track, profile mode: oscillating

DannyV

Reactions
I’ve tried a lot of different conditions now, but somehow whenever I’m using active track profile mode, the drone starts oscillating, and it’s getting worse the longer active track is disabled.
The attached screenshot is of the drone trying to track 2 persons on a horse.
The tracking part is fine: the persons stay in the frames, but the drone is making that weird movement.
No inputs from me at the time. Needless to say that the footage is unusable
Tried it also with persons walking: same result.
Last week I tracked an harvesting machine, but that worked well. Same setup, only bigger object.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• F00BEEB0-850C-445E-B0D8-0638E89D251C.jpeg
    F00BEEB0-850C-445E-B0D8-0638E89D251C.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
A sample of the video (or a screen shot) would help but I will offer that there needs to be good lighting and adequate contrast between the subject and background.

After re-reading your post, you state that the subject stays in the frames. Do they stay in the center (or close to it) of the frame?

Yeah, seeing the video will explain it better.
Exported from the DJI app:

This is the Mavic in active track, profile mode. No stick input.

My original thought was the M2 was losing and re-acquiring the subject but your video clearly shows it tracking correctly. The few times I have used Active Track on my MP it did not exhibit the stop and start motion.

Someone with a M2 will need to jump in here. They might ask which Go 4 and firmware versions you are using. It is possible that an update will fix the problem without creating a new one.

looks like it might be confused by the two objects in white, one person on the horse the other standing on the ground.

One moving one stationary and then both in a growing distance apart. The oscillation grows as the distance between them increases.

Might not have a thing to do with it, my take on what might be going on there.

Try again without similar targets in the field of view.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada