DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

active track

Newguy126

Reactions
Just got a new Mavic Mini 3 pro. It flys fine but I can't access the active track. Some things that appear on the videos, such as bypass on the safety screen don't appear on my screen.
There must be something I'm missing but I can't find it in the manual. It only describes the function but not how to access it.
thanks for any help you can offer.

Is it definitely a mini 3 pro, and not a standard mini 3 you have? Does it have fwd, rear and downward obstacle sensors( tiny camera lenses in the "frog eyes"), and no vertical "legs" on the ends of the front arms?

Lack of active track and obstacle bypass would be typical of a mini 3 (ie non-pro).

Reactions: old man mavic
I am unfamiliar with the Mini 3 pro (I have the Mavic 3 Classic)... but you are asking the same question I did. How to access the active track. It turns out I had to (with my finger) 'outline' my target on the screen, such as a car, bike etc. and as soon as I did that the active track controls appeared at the bottom of screen. Ta Da !!! Who knew! I hope yours works the same way.

Is it definitely a mini 3 pro, and not a standard mini 3 you have? Does it have fwd, rear and downward obstacle sensors( tiny camera lenses in the "frog eyes"), and no vertical "legs" on the ends of the front arms?

Lack of active track and obstacle bypass would be typical of a mini 3 (ie non-pro).
looks like I got the mini 3 by mistake, not the pro. I wonder if they will let me swap it?

looks like I got the mini 3 by mistake, not the pro. I wonder if they will let me swap it?
Did you purchase it from DJI Because they just might if you are willing to get a refurb,( refurbs are Great ) just tell them the story you never know. you may have to throw in a little cash.

I responded to an offer on the Mini 3 and brought one thinking it was the Pro version. At first, I didn't realise that the Mini 3 doesn't have front and back avoidance sensors. Even when I went onto chat and asked what was the main difference between the Mini 3 and the pro version they didn't seem to want to tell me that the Mini 3 doesn't have obstacle avoidance. I kept it anyway - it's still a great drone.

Reactions: Flakey Flier

They let me return it, even sending me UPS return shipping label. Nice! Once I get the refund I'll order the pro model. Any tips on getting a refurb to save a little. And is it worth it not to get a new one?

My only advice is to get the DJI RC with it rather than the RC-N1 that you use your phone with. At 84 the simplicity and speed getting up in the air will be quite valuable. At 61, I know not having to deal with those little cables and connectors is getting harder and harder.

Certainly not difficult, just more of a pain.

DJI RC? Two buttons (power on drone, RC), GPS lock, and you're in the air.

My only advice is to get the DJI RC with it rather than the RC-N1 that you use your phone with. At 84 the simplicity and speed getting up in the air will be quite valuable. At 61, I know not having to deal with those little cables and connectors is getting harder and harder.

Certainly not difficult, just more of a pain.

DJI RC? Two buttons (power on drone, RC), GPS lock, and you're in the air.
thanks. I did fly the mini 3 with the built in screen and I agree, it's much simpler. I returned the mini yesterday and when I get the refund I will get the mini 3 pro.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne