DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active track

Cavski69

Reactions
Hi DJI pilots. A quick question to you all. Sorry in advance if anyone else has asked the question but I can’t seem to find any link.

Anyway, has anyone tried to use active track to follow another drone ? I’ve tried a couple of times but my mavic air won’t pick up the other drone ! Also has anyone tried multiple drones to active track 1 object, if so what problems could possibly happen ?. I’m still very new to the hobby and would like your vast expertise and experience within the forum. Thanks in advance, Pete.

Reactions: mereflyer
Sounds interesting, is your thought process based around tracking drones which have disrupted airport operations or just for fun?

Have you tried sticking something to the top of the drone like a big red light that other drones could use to track it better? Sort of like the ones atop of tall structures.

Just a thought

Sounds interesting, is your thought process based around tracking drones which have disrupted airport operations or just for fun?

Have you tried sticking something to the top of the drone like a big red light that other drones could use to track it better? Sort of like the ones atop of tall structures.

Just a thought
It’s just for fun, I thought it would make a good move as well, just experimenting. I also thought of different angles of video to one subject. A light would be good but then not a true representation of the drone.

It’s just for fun, I thought it would make a good move as well, just experimenting. I also thought of different angles of video to one subject. A light would be good but then not a true representation of the drone.
My Mavic Air tracks my Spark, not the other way around... Yes I tried. My Spark is white, around the forest works, I'm not so sure it would over snow. I couldn't go very fast but it worked fine at a decent speed and smooth movements.
Remember FAA requires (and for safety) each aircraft have it's own PIC

My Mavic Air tracks my Spark, not the other way around... Yes I tried. My Spark is white, around the forest works, I'm not so sure it would over snow. I couldn't go very fast but it worked fine at a decent speed and smooth movements.
Remember FAA requires (and for safety) each aircraft have it's own PIC
Thanks for the info. I have a mavic air and a mavic pro, I should may be get a bright sleeve for one so the other picks it up, at the moment they are black and grey. My son flies one and I the other but we find it difficult to follow each other, with active track we make things easier.

Hi DJI pilots. A quick question to you all. Sorry in advance if anyone else has asked the question but I can’t seem to find any link.

Anyway, has anyone tried to use active track to follow another drone ? I’ve tried a couple of times but my mavic air won’t pick up the other drone ! Also has anyone tried multiple drones to active track 1 object, if so what problems could possibly happen ?. I’m still very new to the hobby and would like your vast expertise and experience within the forum. Thanks in advance, Pete.
I do recall seeing a video of this being attempted, and it seemed that it would work OK - IF - the drone being followed was above the drone doing the filming i.e. the target drone stood out in the sky as a high-contrast object. If the filming drone was above looking down, then the lock quickly broke due to patterns on the ground confusing it.

I do recall seeing a video of this being attempted, and it seemed that it would work OK - IF - the drone being followed was above the drone doing the filming i.e. the target drone stood out in the sky as a high-contrast object. If the filming drone was above looking down, then the lock quickly broke due to patterns on the ground confusing it.
Thanks for your input, that makes sense. When we tried the active tracking the drone filming was always above the other drone as that’s how we set it. I will try your explanation and see how it works. Thanks

Thanks for the info. I have a mavic air and a mavic pro, I should may be get a bright sleeve for one so the other picks it up, at the moment they are black and grey. My son flies one and I the other but we find it difficult to follow each other, with active track we make things easier.
Try some blue masking tape and see if that helps
If you get it to work post the video

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada