DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active Track

Music One

Reactions
I notice when I do an active track, my manual camera settings go automatically to auto colour mode. Also today while doing an active track, all was going well, when it stopped following me at one point and a message came up saying restricted fly zone. So I stopped flying. My Mavic Air was only about 8ft behind me so it always had a good fix on me. Are both these things correct in happening?

I don't know about the camera issues, but the other problem is most likely caused by hitting the maximum flight distance you set for the drone. That distance is not a measure of how far the drone is from you but rather by the distance from the take off point, i. e., the initial home point. Either increase the maximum flight distance or reset the Home position to your location while flying.

I don't know about the camera issues, but the other problem is most likely caused by hitting the maximum flight distance you set for the drone. That distance is not a measure of how far the drone is from you but rather by the distance from the take off point, i. e., the initial home point. Either increase the maximum flight distance or reset the Home position to your location while flying.
OP said he was at a NoFly zone

As far as the camera it may rest to auto when you enter each mode. I think you can still go to manual and enter the settings you’re used to, if you’re unhappy with the results.

OP didn't say he was in a No Fly Zone, but rather a "restricted zone". Unfortunately, that's the message the drone provides when it hits the distance limit. I know--this happened to me. Very confusing.
Yea, I can see how it would. My M2P gives a different warning for NFZs and distance limits. Worrisome in a way since I don’t know what a “restricted zone” is... ie, FAA definition.
Maybe OP can clarify the wording.

Yea, I can see how it would. My M2P gives a different warning for NFZs and distance limits. Worrisome in a way since I don’t know what a “restricted zone” is... ie, FAA definition.
Maybe OP can clarify the wording.
Actually, my experience with this was with a Spark. I have not tested it with my Mav Air but am assuming it may be the same problem. In my case the log file provided the following msg: "Active Track stopped. Aircraft entering Restricted area" . A check of the log file showed that the tracking stopped at same point that the Spark reached the max distance value. The OP uses the term " Restricted Fly zone" so, yes, a clarification by OP of exact wording would be useful.

Firstly the camera issue is sorted. It automatically enters auto as a default and you can then change it back to manual before you start active tracking. The message I believe said a GEO OR GOE restricted area.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbee