DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active track

MarkB

Reactions
Hey. Just recently got Mavic pro and was trying out active track today. Using myself as subject, tapped on me and got a red box around me, not green. No GO button or slider to circle. Gimbal tracked me as long as I was in view but drone didn’t move. Advice?

Hey. Just recently got Mavic pro and was trying out active track today. Using myself as subject, tapped on me and got a red box around me, not green. No GO button or slider to circle. Gimbal tracked me as long as I was in view but drone didn’t move. Advice?
I haven't tried tapping. I only have drawn a rectangle around me. When you do that, the rectangle will remain shaded and GO will light up. Try that. Just put your finger on the upper left of the object, then drag to lower right of object.

Check the drones height. If too low active track will not start. There is normally a message box giving the reason for the failure.
Ya gotta read the messages - be careful - test in a wide open space

Am flying in wide open space and have tried Active track from 30 feet to ten, close to farther away. I do get a message in upper left that says Active Track doesn’t recognize me.

It acts like it’s stuck in Spotlight mode because while the box around the subject
remains red, the gimbal tracks subject
movement while drone stays stationary.

Am flying in wide open space and have tried Active track from 30 feet to ten, close to farther away. I do get a message in upper left that says Active Track doesn’t recognize me.

It acts like it’s stuck in Spotlight mode because while the box around the subject
remains red, the gimbal tracks subject
movement while drone stays stationary.
When I did my testing I noticed it was like in spotlight mode too - tricky to let go of controls and let it do its thing

When you draw the box, are you touching the screen to the upper-left of you in the picture, then dragging your finger down to the lower-right to create a box, then releasing?

Try going up to about 30 feet, tap on yourself to get "the box" then drop the height down and you should be ok

When you draw the box, are you touching the screen to the upper-left of you in the picture, then dragging your finger down to the lower-right to create a box, then releasing?

Yes. It initially is green but immediately goes to red. Thinking of deleting app and reinstalling.

I just tried this for the first time without success. I got the green box that said "GO". My subject started to move away, but green box remained where it was. M2P did not follow. I assume that I was not correctly initiating the follow sequence. What is the next step after "Go" appears?

Also, I bought a neck strap that secures the Smart Controller, reduces risk of dropping when fiddling with controls. Only $20 at B&H -worth every penny.

The next step when Go appears is to click on Go. It's waiting for you to tell it to begin.
That's what I thought. But I clicked "GO" and did not get anticipated result. Perhaps timing was off with moving subject, or some other old guy error. Will try solo next time for better sync. Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme