DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ActiveTrack on DJI Fly

Jgruberman

Reactions
I have been trying to figure out how to use the active track feature on the DJI fly app on Android.

All of the videos that I see on YouTube offering tutorials seem to show just a green box being dragged over the subject to track, however I can't seem to figure out how to get that green box started to actually utilize the feature.

I assume I'm missing something easy, but this is my first real drone with actual features so it's a little beyond my current knowledge level but I'm looking forward to learning. Thanks in advance

Active Track is not available on all DJI drone models...what are you flying?

McG

You have to be in video mode 30fps

You have to be in video mode 30fps
Understood. So any other mode and the tracking won't even be an option?

Also to confirm, the Camera button on the controller switches between camera and video, and I just need to ensure the proper resolution when in video mode?

I am not sure about photo mode in focus track / active track, never tried that, might work but you need to select subject in video mode AND Normal mode on your controller. When you have it selected you could try to switch to photo mode (only single photo mode then) or shoot a video. For sure focus track will not work with frame rate more than 30fps!

If anyone knows more info, share please!

Well I will switch to Video 30fps and see what happens. I'm BRAND new to high end(more than cheapy plastic ones from Amazon) drones so I have a LOT to learn. I need to find a good learning resource and start studying up on what all I can do :)

Reactions: RobertR
I was able to get it working at 30FPS. It took a bit to get the "Box dragging" down to start the tracking though. However, a problem I ran into is the Video seems to be unplayable on my phone when I unplugged the controller and opened it on my phone. Any ideas why?

I was able to get it working at 30FPS. It took a bit to get the "Box dragging" down to start the tracking though. However, a problem I ran into is the Video seems to be unplayable on my phone when I unplugged the controller and opened it on my phone. Any ideas why?
Yes, if you recorded in H.265 (go to three dots then Camera to check while in 4K 30FPS mode) then it is unplayable by your phone video player, exception would be the DJI Fly app, there if you download the file from the drone with the app it will be playable, there you can click the cut video icon and re-export it in HD to watch it on phone normally.

I was able to log into it and download it. Apparently I only recorded a second and not longer? Oh well, guess I need to learn how to record also. None of the ActiveTrack "play footage" actually was recorded.

I was able to log into it and download it. Apparently I only recorded a second and not longer? Oh well, guess I need to learn how to record also. None of the ActiveTrack "play footage" actually was recorded.
Yeah, make sure you're recording next time, I always use the button on the remote controller to start and stop recording instead of the button in the app, as you can accidentally press it twice, but the button on the rc is less likely to be pressed twice :)

Reactions: DJI Rocky
Can you use active track on DJI Mavic Mini SE?
No, DJI Mavic Mini SE doesn't support active track on DJI Fly. However, you can use Litchi to do tracking but it's not safe as you don't have sensors on the Mini SE, so I won't recommend it.

Reactions: DJI Rocky
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143