DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Actual max speeds for Mavic

My top speed shown in flight log is 21.0m/s (47mph/75.6kmh). That was with a slight tail wind, can't remember exactly how fast it was.

Was that displayed on the RC or the app? I think the MP prevents ground speeds in excess of 45mph. If you're flying with a 20MPH tailwind, you'd expect to see a 60+ MPH speed on the RC. Yet, even in those conditions, it doesn't go above 45. But, if you fly into that 20MPH wind, the RC will show 22MPH. Somehow it uses GPS to throttle-back on the forward speed.

According to the App/Flight Records in-flight. Was watching it as it went up show 60+MPH, but don't believe it.

If the little Mavic were to actually go above 40MPH for too long I'm sure those little props would self destruct . Everything has a limit and those hinged props would be the first things to go .

If the little Mavic were to actually go above 40MPH for too long I'm sure those little props would self destruct . Everything has a limit and those hinged props would be the first things to go .

The props would be under the same amount of stress going 20 MPH into a 20 MPH head wind as they would going 60 MPH with a 20 MPH tail wind.

The props would be under the same amount of stress going 20 MPH into a 20 MPH head wind as they would going 60 MPH with a 20 MPH tail wind.

I agree but that's one reason they have a high wind warning for the little Mavic . Fly in 20 MPH winds and I would look for prop stress ,ie,white line at the root that is evidence of the prop bending and flexing too much ,lol . It may just snap , I haven't much experience with these DJI folding props but I have over 10 years flying RC with many different styles of props ,7 years building multi-rotors . Plastic and composite props snap all the time on the racing drones and I change them out as soon as I can tell they are being stressed .

Last edited:
I agree but that's one reason they have a high wind warning for the little Mavic . Fly in 20 MPH winds and I would look for prop stress ,ie,white line at the root that is evidence of the prop bending and flexing too much ,lol . It may just snap , I haven't much experience with these DJI folding props but I have over 10 years flying RC with many different styles of props . 7 years building multi-rotors . Plastic and composite props snap all the time on the racing drones and I change them out as soon as I can tell they are being stressed .

I'm sure the reason for the high wind warning has to do with the MP's ability to maintain its position and course, and to let the pilot know that it may have a difficult time returning home.

I'm sure the reason for the high wind warning has to do with the MP's ability to maintain its position and course, and to let the pilot know that it may have a difficult time returning home.

I also agree with that . I also know tech and I discussed the high wind warning and what all the limits of the little Mavic were . It's also the internet , you can accept or disregard any info or high school physics you wish too ,lol.

Mine 72,2km/h [emoji6]
11a4ed56ae0a5bf4b0f457047f96b100.jpg
11a4ed56ae0a5bf4b0f457047f96b100.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Don't know what "growth of Value" means...

On my screen - fastest flight had a tail wind of course, about 10 knt at ground level. Tupload_2017-2-20_13-44-38.png he flight was at about 50 feet for about 500 M. Sorry about photo size have to figure out how to make it smaller...
upload_2017-2-20_13-44-38.png

44mph.png

Somebody mentioned CsvView. So I thought I would use it to show the fastest section of my current Mavic's fastest flight.
Blue- is from the Elevator stick on the R/C which above displays Full Throttle.
Lime green- is Flight Pitch. The sad part is, the further the flight travels, the less flight pitch. What you see there is why the Mavic will never go fast with the help of a tailwind.
Red- flight speed.

19.9mps (meters per second) converts to 44.5mph.

After much testing in sport mode my top speed is 42.5 mph. Plenty fast for this little machine.

Ground run, open field, tailwind... 48.3mph

Attachments

• 20170226_073623.jpg
    20170226_073623.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members