DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Actual Weight.

well there is one thing for sure the sale of micro scales is going to go through the roof

If you turned it on first, sure, you verified you were indeed testing "Flying weight"
But one could just put it on the scale thinking they were testing "flying weight" and say they tested flying weight when they forgot to remove the gimbal.

Dave also thought he was testing flying weight until he realized he forgot to remove the gimbal.

well there is one thing for sure the sale of micro scales is going to go through the roof
If you turned it on first, sure, you verified you were indeed testing "Flying weight"
But one could just put it on the scale thinking they were testing "flying weight" and say they tested flying weight when they forgot to remove the gimbal.

Dave also thought he was testing flying weight until he realized he forgot to remove the gimbal.
if you read the posts in this thread your know we'd just flown it.

If you want the prop guards fitted that’ll take you over.

If you want to fit the stickers, I would suggest they will push your luck.

All in all, it’s not Quite the package we first thought it was.

Personally for £9 a year or $5 for 3 years, I think it’s safer to just register.
Here in the U.S., the drone never gets registered anyway, just the pilot, and the hobbyist pilot registration is good for all drones you fly. Unless it is your first drone, you are likely already properly registered.

Interesting.
Didn’t realise, until just now, there are two versions of the battery pack.

If you want the longer flight time of 30 odd minutes then you need the larger capacity battery and apparently that’ll take it over the 250 limit.

If you want the prop guards fitted that’ll take you over.

If you want to fit the stickers, I would suggest they will push your luck.

All in all, it’s not Quite the package we first thought it was.

Personally for £9 a year or $5 for 3 years, I think it’s safer to just register.
Your incorrect sir the battery that gives 30 min flight time is the one shipped with the 249g drones .
In Japan they have different restrictions so they launched a Mavic Mini that weighs 199g but only stays air borne for 18 min

Here in the U.S., the drone never gets registered anyway, just the pilot, and the hobbyist pilot registration is good for all drones you fly. Unless it is your first drone, you are likely already properly registered.
Unless of course if the pilot is (commercial) 107. Then each drone has a unique registration number.

Unless of course if the pilot is (commercial) 107. Then each drone has a unique registration number.
I just went to the faa website to double check and the way I read it each drone is to be registered and have it's own number and carry card. I have the m2z and the m2p and they both are registered with a card that identifies each one, as a recreational flier. Not for sure but for the five dollar fee I did it to be safe.

I just went to the faa website to double check and the way I read it each drone is to be registered and have it's own number and carry card. I have the m2z and the m2p and they both are registered with a card that identifies each one, as a recreational flier. Not for sure but for the five dollar fee I did it to be safe.
Are the FAA numbers for the two aircraft the same, or different?

with the new UK registration scheme one operator id and a flyer id covers all drones owned by the same person, but if someone else flies the drone then they need there own flyer id,also a none flying drone owner needs a operator id, but does not have to have a flyer id

Then you registered them as commercial drones under part 107

recreational flyers get 1 number for all their recreation sUAS (model aircraft and drones)
That is what I thought too but they are registered under rec flyer site, I expected the same number. I went ahead and registered it because the guy I bought it from was worried it could back on him and this what the faa site did, under rec flyer-not 107.

Then you registered them as commercial drones under part 107

recreational flyers get 1 number for all their recreation sUAS (model aircraft and drones)
Just logged into faa and it does look like they may have me in the 107 part, not sure what happened but am going to try to fix it, but this is the goverment so it may be interesting.

That is what I thought too but they are registered under rec flyer site, I expected the same number. I went ahead and registered it because the guy I bought it from was worried it could back on him and this what the faa site did, under rec flyer-not 107.
When you log into the FAA Dronezone, are your Mavics listed under the "Part 107 Dashboard" or "Recreational Flyer Dashboard"?

OK, you beat me to it, you are likely registered them as Part 107. Just get a Recreational Flyer Reg number, and stick that on >250g aircraft

When you log into the FAA Dronezone, are your Mavics listed under the "Part 107 Dashboard" or "Recreational Flyer Dashboard"?

OK, you beat me to it, you are likely registered them as Part 107. Just get a Recreational Flyer Reg number, and stick that on >250g aircraft
Hope it will be that simple, thought you had to take a test or something to be in the 107 part, do not want to get a fine or thrown under the jail for fraud or treason or something like that so I sent an email to faa to hopefully sort things out. But in the mean time I will do as you suggested , thanks

Hope it will be that simple, thought you had to take a test or something to be in the 107 part, do not want to get a fine or thrown under the jail for fraud or treason or something like that so I sent an email to faa to hopefully sort things out. But in the mean time I will do as you suggested , thanks

Anyone can register a drone under Part 107, at least the system lets anyone,. But to actually fly it under Part 107? You need to pass the test and get your certificate.

Reactions: Thomas B
Anyone can register a drone under Part 107, at least the system lets anyone,. But to actually fly it under Part 107? You need to pass the test and get your certificate.
Was really sure when I did my first one that I was in the right place, so wonder if when I did the second one it just pushed me to the 107 side

Just got off the phone with a very helpful guy with the faa, I am fine to fly with the numbers I have but they are gender pacific so when I get my next one I will have to do it the same way or go to the rec side and get one for me that will cover all my drones. My mess up and all it hurt was an extra fee or two.

The 250g isn't going to matter to me. I am registered for my other drones so if I have to label this one, no big deal.

The game changer for me is something so small and light with such a good flight time on one battery.

I don't know about anyone else, but I tend to find I lose the first 5 minutes of battery time sorting my shooting position and settings out, and like to return and land with 5 minutes or so of juice left, so with a 15 minute battery I only get 5 minutes to do whatever I want.

With a 25-30 minute battery, I get 15-20 minutes to do what I want, so its a huge difference in usability.

It's never going to compete with my bigger drones in terms of image quality, but in much the same way as I carry around a compact camera and even take photos with my phone despite having far more capable cameras I see this as something I will carry around much more frequently. if I find a great location I can always return with something more capable another time.

The weight could of course be very significant for visitors to the UK as they can legally fly their drone without needing to register or pass any tests/pay any fees.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78