DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Adding a Tile to Mavic just in case I lose it

I use a Tile on mine. Years ago I crashed a quad not 300 yards from where I was standing but in went done in thick bush, took me 3 days to finally locate it, walked very close to it several times. With the Tile app and the audio sounder and led light it could hopefully make finding a crashed Mavic much less of a hassle.

I bought my Mavic a phone so it can call home when lost.
full
That was a good one

100ft, pretty useless. Thought it was 100m which is also not that far.
The tile pro has 400ft location. My 3 drones all fitted wih these. Button for the tello, Pro for the mini and M2 pro. Not instantaneous at picking up but have used it a couple of times. It's another tool to use in lost drone location. Have linked them to my wifes tile account so 2 of us can be looking in slightly different locations. GPS leads us to the location but in long grass etc, sound aids in final search.

Some of you come off like complete known it alls.

What works for you might not work for someone else. What you have someone else might not be able to afford.

Some people are so excited to get into this hobby. So why shame them if they don’t have a more expensive accessory.

This is a system that more than a few people use and yes it works.

I lost a drone in heavy brush last year. Looked for days, followed the maps on the Go4 app to where it lost signal, rewatched the cache video 1000 times to see where it landed in proximity to landmarks. If I had something as simple as this on that drone I’m sure I would have found it right away.

Case in point learn from your mistakes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crouching Leopard
Light up with ARC XLs... each on produces a 96dB tone when the drone is still (not just hovering) for 2 minutes. Look for the strobes when you hear the tone.

Reactions: teeroy
I put the Firehouse L.A.N.D. (lost aircraft notification device) module on mine, must be the same kind of thing as the ARC XL. If the drone sits for 4 minutes without movement (not hovering) it beeps at 90 db and flashes a bright white LED strobe. Weighs less than 4 grams and cost $17 USD.

Reactions: Thomas B
I put a Tile on my MM. It doesn’t seem to have an impact on performance but of course it put me overweight.

54753eabac779f41f52c03e0bbac4cdc.jpg

Some of you come off like complete known it alls.

What works for you might not work for someone else. What you have someone else might not be able to afford.

Some people are so excited to get into this hobby. So why shame them if they don’t have a more expensive accessory.

This is a system that more than a few people use and yes it works.

I lost a drone in heavy brush last year. Looked for days, followed the maps on the Go4 app to where it lost signal, rewatched the cache video 1000 times to see where it landed in proximity to landmarks. If I had something as simple as this on that drone I’m sure I would have found it right away.

Case in point learn from your mistakes.
Found my mini once in long grass even though it was only a few metres from where GPS had directed me. Tile Sound took me straight to it after drone battery died.

Reactions: RoarRoar
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming