DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Adjusting Eyes To Varying Light.....??

Crow Horse

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I'm curious if others have similar difficulty in adjusting ones eyes. Having my eyes to the sky (which is bright) and then taking a quick look at my Ipad Mini, my eyes take a bit of time to adjust to the change. I do have a shade (Hoodman) which helps but it's not at the level I would like. I was pondering getting a hard hat that has tinted goggles that will work over prescription glasses and can quickly flip up when not needed (To look at my tablet). Sound workable? Using my prescription sunglasses and then switching to my regular glasses will be too inconvenient and a recipe for me to either loose or break one of them.

Short of buying another tablet, the flip down tinted goggles might be the ticket and much cheaper alternative. It might look a bit funky and a bit overkill but who cares if it works?

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Same for me. For me a lot depends on the brightness of the sky/background and it's the reason I like the brightest monitor I can get. And as I age, I seem to want a larger screen as well 😕

Apart from welders type oxy / acetylene goggles with flip lenses, I haven't ever seen anything like goggles that do that.
Maybe the flip type clip on tinted lenses you can get for reading glasses would help somewhat ?

https://www.google.com/search?q=flip+lens+tinted+glasses

One example form the results above . . . (hopefully this will show up ok ?)

https://www.amazon.com/JESSIEDANTON-Polarized-Rimless-Sunglasses-Lightweight/dp/B06XGCVB36/ref

We had some theory on land search and rescue back in my younger days, where we covered cone and rod cells in the eyes, how on night searches the rod cells would be temporarily blinded if they were flashed by a torch or similar, and took a while to get back to seeing in the dark ok again.
Similar thing here with bright sky to device screen.

I never thought of flip ups. I'll have to measure my glasses to see if they'll work for me.
The other alternative that I mentioned is the climber's style hard hat with flip up goggles.
1647101588673.png

I use the flip type clip on sunglasses as mentioned previously...I have the SC and need my progressives to read.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada