DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ADS-B on Air 2S Dropped from Mavic Air 2?

I know that mine ma2 ends with 3W but question was do S models come working with air sense from factory in Europe

YES IT WORKS FROM THE FACTORY 100%
Incorrect. Just because it is a 3W model and has hardware does not mean it will work in Europe. You are blocked from using ADS-B/AIRSENSE by the FLY app. Nothing more. In the same breath a US MA2's ADS-B will not work in Europe. But any MA2S regardless of region now magically has working ADS-B. That is DJI logic for you.

Fact is early adopters were lied to regarding ADS-B what's more is you PAID money for the hardware and are deliberately being blocked from using ADS-B so that DJI can save face and not face the rath of MA2 owners that bought drones at full retail price with missing hardware!

Incorrect. Just because it is a 3W model and has hardware does not mean it will work in Europe. You are blocked from using ADS-B/AIRSENSE by the FLY app. Nothing more. In the same breath a US MA2's ADS-B will not work in Europe. But any MA2S regardless of region now magically has working ADS-B. That is DJI logic for you.

Fact is early adopters were lied to regarding ADS-B what's more is you PAID money for the hardware and are deliberately being blocked from using ADS-B so that DJI can save face and not face the rath of MA2 owners that bought drones at full retail price with missing hardware!
works from the factory perfect in europe if you use the modded app with no issues see gb160 on here for full details. ;)

Yes true ;) Although pretty pricy and not ideal if still under warranty.
sorry not sure what you mean pricey ???
the app is a tenner i believe for a year ,,,gives you full fcc and activates the airsense,nothing to do with warranty its a bit of software.,,unless im missing something ?

Reactions: PAYBACK
sorry not sure what you mean pricey ???
the app is a tenner i believe for a year ,,,gives you full fcc and activates the airsense,nothing to do with warranty its a bit of software.,,unless im missing something ?
Tenner, thought it was 41 EURO? In terms of warranty I suppose there would be no way of telling if drone went into FCC mode when not in correct region. That info would be stored on phone I guess in which case yes warranty would not be issues.

Tenner, thought it was 41 EURO? In terms of warranty I suppose there would be no way of telling if drone went into FCC mode when not in correct region. That info would be stored on phone I guess in which case yes warranty would not be issues.
Did you speak to gb160 on here ?? was a tenner last year when i bought it ,absolute no brainer worth more to me.

Of course if flying your drone legally there is virtually zero chance of encountering a manned aircraft unless that pilot is in flying illegally below 1,000ft in an urban area, below 500ft in a rural area, or is in the process of crashing. Why can we just geofence around areas where flight is banned, hard code a max altitude of 400ft AGL and be done will all of this non-sense? I'm confident that drone pilots will give why to medivac helicopters if one happens to descend into their area.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61