DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Advanced RPAS review (Canada)

Beerhunter341

Reactions
Hello everyone, I have not been able to find the answer to this question in any of my resources and hope you can help.

When I have my in-person RPAS review do I have to take the test with a drone that is on the TC approved aircraft list or am I able to take the in-person review using my Mini?

All I can find is that I have to bring my own but I imagine you can’t show up with just anything. I only own a Mini at the moment.

Aircraft equipment requirements​

Aircraft used for flight reviews will:

1. have a valid and current registration pursuant to CAR 901.03
  2. be flown in accordance with the requirements of CAR s Part IX
  3. operated within the approved flight operating limitations (Day/Night/ VLOS /), airframe limitations, and engine limitations set out in the approved POH / AFM or approved POH / AFM supplements provided by the OEM
  4. in all cases, the Flight Reviewer will ensure that the candidate provides or has access to current charts, Canada Flight Supplement and NOTAM’s for the area (digital or paper)

Eligibility​

Any owner of a drone that weighs between 250 g and 25 kg.
So if you can register it you can fly it for the review, it it can't be registered it can not be used.

sorry, looks like you need to grab a loaner or pick up another drone and register it before the review
Registration is only $5

Gerald

Last edited:

Aircraft equipment requirements​

Aircraft used for flight reviews will:

1. have a valid and current registration pursuant to CAR 901.03
  2. be flown in accordance with the requirements of CAR s Part IX
  3. operated within the approved flight operating limitations (Day/Night/ VLOS /), airframe limitations, and engine limitations set out in the approved POH / AFM or approved POH / AFM supplements provided by the OEM
  4. in all cases, the Flight Reviewer will ensure that the candidate provides or has access to current charts, Canada Flight Supplement and NOTAM’s for the area (digital or paper)

Eligibility​

Any owner of a drone that weighs between 250 g and 25 kg.
So if you can register it you can fly it for the review, it it can't be registered it can not be used.

sorry, looks like you need to grab a loaner or pick up another drone and register it before the review
Registration is only $5

Gerald

Thanks a lot for the info! My Mini is registered as it is over 250 g with my add-ons. It seems like I will be able to use it. I guess I will reach out to the reviewers and see what they say. I plan to reward myself with something on “the list” after I pass so I’m trying to keep costs at a minimum right now.

Reactions: Gerald McFall
Thanks a lot for the info! My Mini is registered as it is over 250 g with my add-ons. It seems like I will be able to use it. I guess I will reach out to the reviewers and see what they say. I plan to reward myself with something on “the list” after I pass so I’m trying to keep costs at a minimum right now.

To me that seems reasonable. I would contact a flight reviewer and just make sure before you show up. Having it registered is huge because it demonstrates to the reviewer you take the rules seriously.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost