DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Advice for smoother stop: paning mavic 2 pro (turning the aircraft)

wind1414

Reactions
Dear crowd,
I already have adjusted EXP and Sensitivity settings (GO 4, smart controller) for my mavic 2 pro,
and regarding gimbal movement and all the other parameters I am happy,
but I would like to set the "stop" or "brake" from paning the whole aircraft slower / smoother.
There are situations when I am moving the controller stick to the middle too fast, yes I know thats my mistake, however-
I wonder If there is a setting which allows the aircraft to turn smoothly to a stop even if I let the control stick "swing" to the middle position.

Thanks for any Advice...
Tommy

I would like to set the "stop" or "brake" from paning the whole aircraft slower / smoother
You can adjust the brake setting in DJI GO. It would be best to set it mid-flight (while flying above all obstacles) so you can try it out as you adjust it.

Ive recently done similar on my MPP. I watched some YouTube videos and sorted it quite easily on the kitchen table. All was good on first test flight. Look for videos on better cinematic videos for mavic as they will cover both camera settings and yaw pitch and roll including braking effect.

Thanks. But all these settings don`t seem to effect how smooth to stop the paning aircraft.
Yes movements are smooth and slow already (adjusted sensitivity, EXP, and Gimbal settings.)
You can adjust the gimbal itself for stoping to tilt extremely slow and smooth, even when you let the controller wheel swing back in position.
I cannot find any adjustment for a similar setting for stoping the drone to pan (turning itself).
Since you have to turn the whole drone to pan I think thats a valid question and maybe of interest for more pilots...

I'm assuming you've tried "Tripod mode"? That makes all movements slow and smooth, but also limits travel speed to a couple of miles an hour.

the setting you are referring to is ,or was called yaw end point and it controls how quickly the gimbal reacts to the drone stopping during a yaw

Reactions: hiflyer201
Yes there is tripod mode I used this on Saturday. It slows everything down speed turning the lot. Also there is synchronised gimbal pan follow. This will turn the gimbal in the direction of the drone slightly before it turns.

Yes there is tripod mode I used this on Saturday. It slows everything down speed turning the lot. Also there is synchronised gimbal pan follow. This will turn the gimbal in the direction of the drone slightly before it turns.

I turn the pan follow off for a smoother pan

I have had the same problem in the past I have found in certain situations you can just ease in and out of the stick keeping it really slow and smooth or I have used Atti mode to kind of pan for me you can look up how to turn your M2 into Atti mode on YouTube or Google it’s super easy I could do it in 10 mins but that factors in finding the right version of Go 4 to change settings it works really well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salvator419