DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Advice on a Laptop for 4K editing (Budget edition)

ToonTonic

Reactions
Hi all,

As per the title im looking to purchase a laptop (ideally) that I can edit 4K footage on from my Mavic & other cameras.

I have a limited budget of no more than £1000.

Or should i just be looking at a tower PC for this (not ideal, travel et but possiblec)

Any advice just to steer me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Hi all,

As per the title im looking to purchase a laptop (ideally) that I can edit 4K footage on from my Mavic & other cameras.

I have a limited budget of no more than £1000.

Or should i just be looking at a tower PC for this (not ideal, travel et but possiblec)

Any advice just to steer me in the right direction would be appreciated.
Howdy from Wyoming ToonTonic, I would look toward a tower, A laptop that can edit 4K footage (in a reasonable amount of time) will be very dear, however a tower would (with monitor) would only set you back a thousand (US$) or so. If you are going the budget route you could get one less expensive but it would probably have to render the footage overnight or over the weekend. If you want to go the laptop route I would look at the Lenovo ThinkPad P70,
Dell Precision 5510 or the
HP ZBook Studio G3.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: ToonTonic
I am running an Asus gaming laptop. Picked it up second hand 12 months old for Aus$900 (about £550) so a lot less than your budget. Will render a 4K 3min video in under 5 minutes.

I just went though this whole process. Look for a gaming laptop, they most closely relate to a laptop for video editing. Mine came with 32 g of ram which was overkill cause most of the work is done by the processor. Get the latest processor, the best video card you can afford card with onboard ram, an SSD drive (for the OS and editing program) with a HDD for storage and a fair amount of ram. I got an HD monitor and wished I would have gotten a 4k one now.

Reactions: ToonTonic
Just buy a second hand MacBook Pro
I have looked into these, but im not much of a fan of apple products. Aware that would be an easier solution though.

Hi Wyoming, thank you for the reply.

Still not bought anything, but am looking at Gaming laptops & PCs (more bang for buck?)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky