DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 1 Advice

IL Drago

Reactions
Hi Guy's,

I am not an professional photographer but i like taking pictures at locations i don't normally visit all the time, so right after New year i took some high altitude pictures but a friend of mine told me that the pictures were not taking good i have no idea what he meant so that why i'm posting this to see if some one can help me out on the settings that i have to adjust so the pictures will be better.

"He said: Colors are blending"

I have the lenses to but i have no idea on how to use them (Noob) lol

Attached are a couple of the pictures i have taking.

High Altitude Pictures

Thanks in advance

Hi Guy's,

I am not an professional photographer but i like taking pictures at locations i don't normally visit all the time, so right after New year i took some high altitude pictures but a friend of mine told me that the pictures were not taking good i have no idea what he meant so that why i'm posting this to see if some one can help me out on the settings that i have to adjust so the pictures will be better.

High Altitude Pictures

Thanks in advance

Which aircraft (drone)?

They photos do look very soft. Are these from the SD Card or from your smart phone?

Reactions: hiflyer201
Which aircraft (drone)?

They photos do look very soft. Are these from the SD Card or from your smart phone?
Aircraft: Mavic Air

Pictures: My drone came with a Micro SD with it and while flying it automatically send them to my S20 and my S20 sends them automatically to my Google Photo.

i took them off of my google photo

So your advice is to download it directly for the drone or from the SD card?
Yes, took another look at the photos in your link. They are 720 P. The MA can do much better (didn't look up the specs) than that.

With the M2 I know you can send the Hi Res photos directly to your phone/tablet (photos only) but it can result in in lagginess in the communications between the the drone and display. Most recommend just saving to the SD card and using them.

Thanks i will check that as soon as possible, am i suppose to play in the settings or to make it better?

If so is there someone that can help me out or is there any standard custom settings to make them better?

Took a quick look at the specs for the MA here: DJI Mavic Air Product Information

For still photos you can choose the aspect ratio and a few other options in the Go 4 App. The resolution is fixed according to your choice. If you have an SD card inserted, it should, by default, record your photos there. Check that in the App too.

The copy recorded on your phone/tablet is low res and good enough for social media. If you want good quality photos, you need to use the full resolution copies on your SD card.

Have fun exploring and flying your drone. There is lots of help here in the forums. There are also countless videos on YouTube that cover almost every topic you can imagine from flying to photography. Also, do read the manuals. They aren't perfect by any stretch, but can be very helpful.

Took a quick look at the specs for the MA here: DJI Mavic Air Product Information

For still photos you can choose the aspect ratio and a few other options in the Go 4 App. The resolution is fixed according to your choice. If you have an SD card inserted, it should, by default, record your photos there. Check that in the App too.

The copy recorded on your phone/tablet is low res and good enough for social media. If you want good quality photos, you need to use the full resolution copies on your SD card.

Have fun exploring and flying your drone. There is lots of help here in the forums. There are also countless videos on YouTube that cover almost every topic you can imagine from flying to photography. Also, do read the manuals. They aren't perfect by any stretch, but can be very helpful.
Thanks for the info, i will do that this Forum is great

Hi Guy's,

High Altitude Pictures

Thanks in advance
I opened your files and had a look and ever tried to do a screen grab and edit one of the images. Both images were very blurred. Not sharp enough to bring out any details in the editing. Both images also show the results of the sensor reading the light from the sky and under-exposing the foreground. If the images were in better focus, art would be helpful to use a gradient filter in Photoshop to open up the foreground, and increase the sharpening.

In sum, the images were too blurred to consider. You need to hit the focus square during the flight to focus the image.

Reactions: B-kane

Mavic air 1 will record by default to the internal memory. You have to change it to the sd card in the settings.

Mavic air 1 will record by default to the internal memory. Y
The internal SD card is only 8g. Those sure look like they are only the low res saved to the APP. I don't think there is any other way of downloading photo's from the internal SD other than a direct connection to the computer.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7