DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Advices needed for people who bought a skin for their MAVIC

When flying high in the air I think its more visible stock color... but when flying low I can see my mavic better for sure. Never had problems with birds no matter what color I had it... so I can't comment on that. The kit I bought had decals for the bottom as well.
Bottom line is... Make it yours!
Does it show up better in the distance than the stock grey?

evb2p5.jpg

Try using a heatgun on Low setting. Some skins need the heat to set them in place.

Heat is not good
I make stickers for a living, the main reason decals don’t stick is because the surface is not clean, you need to use methylated spirit on a lint free cloth or toilet roll will do if you have nothing else clean each area twice with fresh cloth, trust me if it’s cast vinyl (calandered vinyl is thick and is not the best for sharp curved and angles) like most are wraps are your stickers will stick like sh1t to a barn door

E6966F7E-1493-4246-BABE-0F55D815A94E.jpeg 1B823957-579E-469A-8BD3-D7E965E7249A.jpeg FFC55908-9BB3-44E8-8F62-F143EFF8EA39.jpeg I went with decal girl too. My daughter wanted all blue since that's both of ours favorite color but I wanted something neat looking. The skin is great. Went on easy and feels like quality stuff.

Heat is not good
I make stickers for a living, the main reason decals don’t stick is because the surface is not clean, you need to use methylated spirit on a lint free cloth or toilet roll will do if you have nothing else clean each area twice with fresh cloth, trust me if it’s cast vinyl (calandered vinyl is thick and is not the best for sharp curved and angles) like most are wraps are your stickers will stick like sh1t to a barn door

When I ordered my vinyl skin, I wanted to clean with metho, as this has given me the best success in the past with sticking things on others things.

After reading the instructions, and viewing the how-to videos, they all said just clean with water. This didn't seem right to me, but I did it anyway (otherwise can't complain when they fall off).

So, of course, some areas are not sticking properly. Should have gone with my gut and used metho...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darksebius