DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

AEB and RAW in the DJI Mini 2

AtkesS

Reactions
Many people are gushing over the fact that the DJI Mini 2 is now capable of 10km flight while still being under 250 grams. However, I think that its best feature is the ability to shoot RAW photos. It also have AEB where in the same shots done with different exposure levels are done. I'm not sure, though, if the processing is done within the device (maybe I just don't know how, or if it will be available in a future firmware update) or you need to do post-editing for this. In any case, this is an outstanding feature for such a tiny drone, and I think these are the features that should be showcased especially when marketing the Mini 2 towards professionals that would like to use the drone for aerial photography.

Hiya. It’s three shots that you need to merge in post. ?

Many people are gushing over the fact that the DJI Mini 2 is now capable of 10km flight while still being under 250 grams. However, I think that its best feature is the ability to shoot RAW photos. It also have AEB where in the same shots done with different exposure levels are done. I'm not sure, though, if the processing is done within the device (maybe I just don't know how, or if it will be available in a future firmware update) or you need to do post-editing for this. In any case, this is an outstanding feature for such a tiny drone, and I think these are the features that should be showcased especially when marketing the Mini 2 towards professionals that would like to use the drone for aerial photography.
I agree. AEB and RAW are huge advantages for still photography. If DJI would allow additional control over the AEB functions, it would be most welcome.

Please give us a bigger number of exposures per finished image and more choice of exposure difference per bracket. I’ve used as many as nine pix per finished image and +- 2 stops between each image on a Nikon D800 DSLR. Still insufficient data to cope with extreme contrast in some scenes.

AEB would allow for multi-image noise reduction in post, too.

Automated gimbal positioning for panos is also most welcome as long as it doesn’t force in-flight pano creation.

Multi-image functions and advanced gimbal actuation are software-only improvements, so there’s hope.

Reactions: SD-Pilot
AEB in this case would be more of an advantage if they would let you set the number of stop difference between the frames rather than only -0.7/0/+0.7 in 3 frames.

I agree with Karlblessing's statement above. My Nikon D750 allows me to set the number of exposures and the number of incremental stops between each frame. The Mavic's .7 stop is not nearly enough to do any good in a post-processing app like Photomatix or Aurora. DJI, PLEASE hear us and upgrade the firmware to include selectable AEB stops!!

I agree with Karlblessing's statement above. My Nikon D750 allows me to set the number of exposures and the number of incremental stops between each frame. The Mavic's .7 stop is not nearly enough to do any good in a post-processing app like Photomatix or Aurora. DJI, PLEASE hear us and upgrade the firmware to include selectable AEB stops!!
Yes indeed, stops should be selectable for AEB. Additionally it should be five stops not three. A three stop spread doesn’t do much. Seven stops would be better than five que non? It could all be made available to the advanced photographer via firmware, and why not? At some point support for Mini2 will cease, so sooner is better. There will be hacks but I don’t wanna.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ