DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aerial Photographers Recreate macOS Catalina Wallpaper with Mavic 2 Pro

IShouldBeWorking

Reactions
Found a fun short documentary about three friends who have been recreating the various California-themed wallpapers with the latest versions of macOS. This version of the OS was named after Catalina island, so they hiked the length of the island with a Mavic 2 Pro to try an reproduce the shot Apple got. It's a pretty fun adventure story, there's some great aerial footage and it includes a couple of hilarious hand catches. Have a look:

Awesome, thanks for posting.
They got so much into just under 14 mins, kept it really watchable.
Visited their channel and gave them a like and comment.
These young blokes will remember these trips for a long time, especially where they have hardship and push through.

Must watch! Very well documented from all angles!!

It really was. I was especially impressed with the cinematic aerial shots of the Mavic 2 during its flight. They never say, but I’m assuming they had a second one that one of the other guys was flying for those shots. It came out really nice.

Really like it. Had a friend who was following a train around to photograph. Ending up trespassing on some business who had their gate open. Called the police on here. Unfortunately not as good an outcome, yes ended up getting a fine. Thanks for sharing.

It really was. I was especially impressed with the cinematic aerial shots of the Mavic 2 during its flight. They never say, but I’m assuming they had a second one that one of the other guys was flying for those shots. It came out really nice.

I wondered about the 2nd drone, as it was obvious out there, but you never see it.
Pretty good job sending 2 drones out like that, wasn't too close to the home point.

It was obviously fairly windy looking at the sea conditions, and that was at ground (sea) level !
At whatever altitude they went to, it was bound to be more blustery.

On the shots.
I was pretty impressed with the lads results, as with the Apple shots, you can almost bet they were taken from a heli, or slow plane, and with a DSLR or similar . . . unless the series was shot by drone, but even then, it would be a lot larger drone with better capabilities / camera, that's for sure.
Apple photographer seemed to have a slow exposure, that water seemed silky smooth.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60