DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aerial views of Seattle Skyline - Mavic 2 Pro

DKAerial

Reactions
Hey guys,

I had the chance to visit the beautiful city of Seattle recently and took some shots of the skyline.
It was also the first time I used the LAANC approval through an app, pretty good experience. I wish Europe would implement something similar...

Let me know what you think.

Shot on Mavic 2 Pro and edited in Premiere Pro.

Cheers,
DK

Wonderful....Simply wonderful! Loved gliding between the skyscrapers, like at 2:45. And your dramatic overhead shots? Wow! Looking down on that intersection at 2:33 you made what would have been a ho-hum shot pure magic. Ditto for :52, with three levels of building sliding by at different speeds, while seagulls flew off the roof. Where was that, exactly? And the boats at 1:55--what more can I say?

My family lived in Seattle from 1953 to 1957 when the Smith Tower (visible just above the Ferris Wheel hub at :42) was the tallest in town. Now it's a midget among giants, remarkable only for its history. Thank you for showing us how beautifully this city has matured.

Last edited:
Wonderful....Simply wonderful! Loved gliding between the skyscrapers, like at 2:45. And your dramatic overhead shots? Wow! Looking down on that intersection at 2:33 you made what would have been a ho-hum shot pure magic. Ditto for :52, with three levels of building sliding by at different speeds, while seagulls flew off the roof. Where was that, exactly? And the boats at 1:55--what more can I say?

My family lived in Seattle from 1953 to 1957 when the Smith Tower (visible just above the Ferris Wheel hub at :42) was the tallest in town. Now it's a midget among giants, remarkable only for its history. Thank you for showing us how beautifully this city has matured.

Thank you! :)
The shot with the seagulls was at the Pier next to the Great Wheel.

Hey guys,

I had the chance to visit the beautiful city of Seattle recently and took some shots of the skyline.
It was also the first time I used the LAANC approval through an app, pretty good experience. I wish Europe would implement something similar...

Let me know what you think.

Shot on Mavic 2 Pro and edited in Premiere Pro.

Cheers,
DK
There is some really great footage in there but overall too long you should cut the not really great footage.

Excellent video. It was as professional in every way. You really know how to fly, edit and score. I loved it!

Reactions: DKAerial
That was great! Didn't realize you could get so close to the needle

Beautiful job with flying and the aerial shots, @DKAerial. I flew while up there for a wedding a couple weeks ago, so I appreciate how you kept it at or under the 100-foot allowable altitude for authorization.

Thanks!
Yes, I feel the LAANC Auto-approval is a fair deal and I am okay with flying in lower heights if it allows me to fly at all.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54