DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

AFS or AFC

kilomikebravo

Reactions
Since there's nothing on these two modes in the manual, I am curious what others are using for the best focus with video. AFC seems to be the choice but that's with only limited experience.

AFS triggers focusing on tapping on the target on screen. AFC continuously triggers focusing automaticaly. Use AFS if you want to keep a specific object in focus and don’t want want the cam to refocus automaticaly.
I mostly use afc espescially if I use the Osmo Pocket stand alone without the phone. In specific situations i use AFS to store and hold a specific focus point.

AFS triggers focusing on tapping on the target on screen. AFC continuously triggers focusing automaticaly. Use AFS if you want to keep a specific object in focus and don’t want want the cam to refocus automaticaly.
I mostly use afc espescially if I use the Osmo Pocket stand alone without the phone. In specific situations i use AFS to store and hold a specific focus point.

I had mine on AFC and I was talking behind my wife to a nice water fall. It was focusing on your head while I was walking behind her, then I paned away from her head to the waterfall in the distance but the waterfall was still out of focus :(

For stills on the Pocket, I use AFS. For video, I again often use AFS if I want to hold a specific subject in focus while moving.

For all other scenarios, I generally use AFC.

Reactions: fozzzy

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag