DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

After crash in water

Youri

Reactions
When powering on, te lints blinking half red - half green and stabilizing at red.
Where is the problem?

the problem is in the title of your thread water +electronics = damage to the internals if it was salt water then its probably toast

Fresh water. It's suddenly descended a.nd touched the tree, before crushing and ditching.
I found it and dryed.
Now when powered, it's running self-testing and blinking half-red-half-green before stabilizing on firm red.
My question is very simple: is it worth sending it for repair or it's better wait for Mavic Air 2?

Because you don't know the specifications it is very difficult to make a decission. Is the MA2 really so much better?
Ask DJI how much it is to repair your MA.

Reactions: Birds-in-Flight
Almost the same thing happened to me a few months ago. First, the drone will probably have to be replace, luckily I had the insurance policy, which helped. Second, the battery was ruined, so I had to replace that as well. Third, luckily the SSD card survived, but since then it's been complaining it needs to be re-formatted, so I replaced it as well.
If it happened to me again, I would probably replace everything again.
Good luck.

Fresh water is better then Salt water, I think others will agree. Some, have had a 50 % chance to fly again
after drying out from fresh water. But, complications can set in further down the line, and its no longer trust worthy. And, for DJI to repair it, will cost you $800.00. May as well put the money on a new bird.
Sorry, that it happened to you.

Remember too, DJI says if the battery takes a swim it should be discarded, in a proper manor of course.

I have read somewhere that removing the battery and submerging the drone in alcohol (not the drinking kind unfortunately) will remove deposits on the circuit board etc, then allow it to completely dry out for a few days, install a new battery = the possibility of a resurrection ?

basically no matter what you do at the end of the day ,because the drone has been in water its electronics have been compromised,and it will never be reliable again,because it flies it has the capability to cause damage or injury if it falls from the sky,its just not worth the risk

If you have not yet.

Take everything apart down to the motherboard components (remove the shields and save all the blue thermal paste for re-assembly) and give a decent scrub with a 70%alcohol/30%water mix. Let this dry very well, you can used compressed air carefully.

Do the same for all connectors and make note of any 'burnt looking' or corroded connections, these will usually be the anode (+) connections. When you put it back together, a small amount of DeoxIT cant hurt.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet