DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

After last update I can't open new footage from my Mavic 2 Pro

aaronwilliam

Reactions
After I updated my M2P I can't open new footage, it says the footage is either corrupted or the file type is incorrect, some of the footage is still cached on my phone but I'd like to have the actual footage from the SD card (I've tried multiple SD cards, any new footage won't let me view it). Here's a screenshot of some of the footage I have cached on my phone (and why I'd like all of it).image0.jpg

After I updated my M2P I can't open new footage, it says the footage is either corrupted or the file type is incorrect, some of the footage is still cached on my phone but I'd like to have the actual footage from the SD card (I've tried multiple SD cards, any new footage won't let me viewit). Here's a screenshot of some of the footage I have cached on my phone (and why I'd like all of it).
Your video will be just fine.
The most likely explanation will be that after your update some camera settings will have reverted to default settings.
Your camera can record video as either mp4 or mov files and it will have switched back to the default.
Your video software doesn't like that format - but most other video software will have no problem with it.
Get a different program to view those new files.
VLC Media Player is a good one.
Change the video file format setting in your camera if you want to go back to your previous setting.

Your video will be just fine.
The most likely explanation will be that after your update some camera settings will have reverted to default settings.
Your camera can record video as either mp4 or mov files and it will have switched back to the default.
Your video software doesn't like that format - but most other video software will have no problem with it.
Get a different program to view those new files.
VLC Media Player is a good one.
Change the video file format setting in your camera if you want to go back to your previous setting.

I think @Meta4 is probably correct but I wonder if it’s that the recording codec was changed from h.264 to h.265 and if you have a windows computer there have been reports that Windows doesn’t play nice with H.265. VLC media player will be able to play them and if that is the issue then there are more permanent ways to enable H.265 on Windows

I can't open the videos in VLC either? The playback bar, or whatever just bounces back and fourth.
So .. what's changed?
See if you've somehow switched to H265 compression.
If it has, try H264 which is much less demanding of hardware.

@Meta4 My DJI app on my phone crashes when I try to access footage from the SD card on it. I shouldn't have problems with hardware, I'm on vacation so I'm using my laptop but it's a powerful gaming laptop. Sorry for the lack of knowledge here, I usually just fly the drones and usually the footage I could care less about. The only reason I'm fretting it now is because I'm finally going to some places where I think the footage is worth keeping and actually showing/sharing with other people. Thanks for the help, and your patience.

My DJI app on my phone crashes when I try to access footage from the SD card on it. I shouldn't have problems with hardware, I'm on vacation so I'm using my laptop but it's a powerful gaming laptop. Sorry for the lack of knowledge here, I usually just fly the drones and usually the footage I could care less about. The only reason I'm fretting it now is because I'm finally going to some places where I think the footage is worth keeping and actually showing/sharing with other people. Thanks for the help, and your patience.
If something worked before you have to ask questions and find out what has changed.
Could you previously view videos on the phone? Do the videos play properly on the laptop?
Are the video files the same file format as used previously?

I'm not sure about viewing the videos that were on the SD card, I've always just looked at the cached videos as a preview. Every video that I took before I updated the drone opens, and plays properly on my laptop. All of the videos are MP4 files, including the newer ones which don't open.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123