DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aftermarket Batteries

rexster1505

Reactions
When I bought my Mavic 3 Classic several months ago, I bought 2 aftermarket batteries that worked great. Same volts, amps, everything. I updated to the latest firmware a couple of days ago, and now I get a red warning on the controller "Non DJI Battery" and can't take off. Seems like DJI is going the way of printers, some needing factory inks for the printer to work..

I‘m pretty sure its the same statement as with printers to only use original accessories printed in the manual of your drone.

Difference is that a printer does not crash onto people or animals with a defect toner

I feel for you... seems like a pretty compelling argument against upgrading to the latest firmware before waiting to see if anyone else finds out about unwelcome alterations. Luckily: both my older birds were fully tricked out with features by 2020 and the firmware release notes for the mini 3 pro don't show anything in the pipeline to genuinely enhance its functionality, so the 'upgrades' can stay exactly where they are.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidSMiami