DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

aftermarket battery not working for mini 4 pro

i had no problem with this aftermarket battery in the mini 3 and mini 3 pro but the mini 4 pro does not fly with this battery error reads " no DJI battery".
is there any trick to overcome this issue?
Unless the software can be hacked, I do not know how to do that, then I think you will get the same answers here as have been given on the thread in the DJI forum.
The only other thing I can think of is look on git hub.

Last edited:
I think you have an overly simplistic idea of how this all works.

The batteries have an embedded processor, and their own firmware. It is frequently updated. The exceedingly likely problem here is firmware, the after market battery is out of date, so doesn't recognize the Mini 4 pro.

Reactions: MARK (LI)
I think you have an overly simplistic idea of how this all works.

The batteries have an embedded processor, and their own firmware. It is frequently updated. The exceedingly likely problem here is firmware, the after market battery is out of date, so doesn't recognize the Mini 4 pro.
thanks for your input i do not have a simplistic view i think - i think DJI simply blocks the non-dji battery that's it. that battery worked in the mini 3 for sure and i think it worked in the mini 3 pro too but not m4p

On each new model there are changes to how the battery needs to perform and how it communicates with the drone. Manufacturers of third party batteries try to figure it out and replicate it, but obviously unlike DJI they can't know what'll change on a future model or even whether there will be a future model that uses the same batteries at all.

Also even the original Mini 4 Pro batteries will work with the Mini 3 Pro but not the Mini 3.

Last edited:
On each new model there are changes to how the battery needs to perform and how it communicates with the drone. Manufacturers of third party batteries try to figure it out and replicate it, but obviously unlike DJI they can't know what'll change on a future model or even whether there will be a future model that uses the same batteries at all.

Also even the original Mini 4 Pro batteries will work with the Mini 3 Pro but not the Mini 3.
I understand but the problem is DJI who actively blocks 3rd party with great efforts. If I use aftermarket I am fine I'm voiding the warranty, my choice. Actually only if the problem is related to the battery

You are correct: for many reasons DJI will block second hand Batteries BUT they really are not blocking them as much as they are updating firmware and the chips in the second hand Batteries will not flash because of the rollback numbers. I could give you a list of reasons to stick with OEM Batteries.

You are correct: for many reasons DJI will block second hand Batteries BUT they really are not blocking them as much as they are updating firmware and the chips in the second hand Batteries will not flash because of the rollback numbers. I could give you a list of reasons to stick with OEM Batteries.
Thanks, I am happy for the list

• Haha
Reactions: Cafguy and Kilrah
1. Will update with current firmware.
2. Much less chance of fire.
3. Will not void your warranty
4. Much less chance of fire.
5. Point of contact for repairs or problems thru OEM.
6. Much less chance of fire.

1. Will update with current firmware.
2. Much less chance of fire.
3. Will not void your warranty
4. Much less chance of fire.
5. Point of contact for repairs or problems thru OEM.
6. Much less chance of fire.

And,

7. Much less chance of fire.

This is no joke. Third-party batteries are cheaper for a reason. No doubt among those are lower quality, probably unmatched cells.

Which you don't want.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cubesinfotech