DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aiming RC at drone

bomber2

Reactions
I always fly out of sight and mostly miles away. How do I know exactly where to point the controller? On the app does it show somewhere what direction the drone is as winds, etc drift the drone away. Thanks

Hope you have good insurance.
Are you using a phone or tablet.
On the screen is a radar with an arrow icon that shows your Drone and its heading relative to you.
There is also a map showing its track.
On the RC and tablet you also have read outs with distance and height.
You should have situational awareness through the screen which way the Drone is heading.
If you fly that far out and don't know where it is then I fear we will soon hear from you bemoaning your lost Mavic.
Suggest you learn all the controls before taking it out of LOS.

Just seems like the screen with the radar is not accurate. I have a very good idea where the drone is but it seems the screen is off.

Reactions: Mavman
The arrow icon is the Drone and the pointy end is where it is facing. Using the left stick turn the Drone until it is pointing toward you and then fly forward.
You are the dot in the centre of the circle.
Fairly simple as long as you have RC connection.

Just seems like the screen with the radar is not accurate. I have a very good idea where the drone is but it seems the screen is off.
I've found the radar to be pretty darn accurate. Certainly accurate enough to determine where to aim your controller.

Have you tested the radar by flying it within LOS and then testing the accuracy?

I just know that I often fly out of LOS and when I don't use the RTH feature and I hand fly it back, I always use the radar and it comes right back to me. Once I hear the drone I look up and find it very easily because the radar tells me exactly where it should be relative to my position.

I find that sometimes the radar is not accurate. Maybe its only accurate if you calibrate compass every time?

Radar seems very accurate to me, certainly to bring it right back to me

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoenix_00002