DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 SD slot problem

ianf223

Reactions
Hey ya’ll, so the SD card slot on my Air2 is no longer working, the physical card won’t click into place as it should on the side of the drone. I’ve tried looking in the slot and cleaning it out but nothing. My other option is the replace the actual sd card slot in the drone but a few concerns with that, 1 are the modules serial numbered? And will I have any problems using a module from an another drone, and 2 where I would find a part like that. Hope to hear from someone in my position or have any knowledge on the replacement of this specific part. Thanks!

Reactions: MA2 317
I have heard of people in the past who have tried using tape to secure a microsd card that won't click into place.

Hey ya’ll, so the SD card slot on my Air2 is no longer working, the physical card won’t click into place as it should on the side of the drone. I’ve tried looking in the slot and cleaning it out but nothing. My other option is the replace the actual sd card slot in the drone but a few concerns with that, 1 are the modules serial numbered? And will I have any problems using a module from an another drone, and 2 where I would find a part like that. Hope to hear from someone in my position or have any knowledge on the replacement of this specific part. Thanks!

Hello from the Crossroads of America ianf223.

DDS (DJI Drone Service) is an approved vendor here that may be able to repair your aircraft and is located in New Jersey if you can't get your issue resolved. 🤔

Good luck with your repairs and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

That sounds a difficult one to solve. Can’t imaging a piece of tap will work, I have to use a long thumb nail to push mine out and in. Suspect too late for warranty unless, like me, you have extended your Care Refresh service. Sorry don’t mean to sound smug. MA2 317‘s suggestion seems the best option. Good luck.

I've found on certain Air 2 or Air 2S models, I've had to used the corner of the SD card adapter to push the card in far enough to click, other times it will click in just pushing with my finger. I have had 3 different Air2/Air 2S models and each one was different. I'm not sure if that's the problem but it's worth a shot.

I'm sure you've tried using a different SD card just to verify it is indeed the slot and not the card? Had to ask :)

Reactions: MARK (LI)
This won't help your current situation, but after the card locking mechanism failed on another product, once replaced, I now download my files via USB cable. Just leave the card in. I know, that's not helping your current situation.

Reactions: Auencam and AZDave
Sounds crude but consider Melvoid's fix . Buy a 256 SanDisk card and wedge it in with a piece of paper or toothpick. then take some test shots on the ground,
If that works just glue it in with some epoxy and you will have a permanent 256 internal storage.
Getting the slot fixed would likely cost almost as much as the drone is worth. I had a Air 2 and loved it . But its getting old . Save the repair cost for the Air 4 when it comes out.
Good luck

Sounds crude but consider Melvoid's fix . Buy a 256 SanDisk card and wedge it in with a piece of paper or toothpick. then take some test shots on the ground,
If that works just glue it in with some epoxy and you will have a permanent 256 internal storage.
Getting the slot fixed would likely cost almost as much as the drone is worth. I had a Air 2 and loved it . But its getting old . Save the repair cost for the Air 4 when it comes out.
Good luck
Yeah, the product I did that with was not a drone, but an audio recorder... but it would have cost more than half of the price of a new one... and it was already 10 years old. So the company gave me a break on a new one and I'm happy. Of course I do have to pop the card out occasionally, but way less than I used to, so I should last forever... I hope.

Good luck
Yeah that’s what I was thinking, my device is unfortunately not under warranty and the money and time it would take to replace it is not really worth it. I appreciate the comment and I think I’m going to attempt this and I will reply back to see if it holds after a couple of test flights. Again thanks and much appreciated!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne