DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 vid length limited in hyperlapse waypoints?

KenG

Reactions
What am I missing or doing wrong? On my Air 2 if I go to hyperlapse and select waypoints, it limits the length option to 2 seconds (No other choices) whereas if under hyperlapse I select any of the other options (free, orbit, etc) it allows me to set the vid length from 2 to 15 seconds and beyond.

I had to go to DJI for this one so if anyone has run across this, here is their answer. And, of course, they are correct. I tried it and it solves my concern. We have had many nice evenings here with the sun showing through clouds at sunset I wanted to capture in hyperlapse so I was just sending the drone up from my back porch intending to capture the action.

Seems the more I learn about these things, the less I know and more I need to learn. haha

From DJI;
This is normal that you can only choose 2s with waypoint. In Motionlapse mode, the shooting duration is calculated by the aircraft algorithm based on the track length, track angle change, and shooting interval. Based on estimation results, if the set track length is short and the change angle is small, the optional range for video duration will be narrowed.

If a longer Hyperlapse video is desired, it is recommended to add the entire track length and increase the angle range of the camera lens.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR