DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S 4K Log Footage

ThatBeardedDroneGuy

Part 107 Bubba
Premium Pilot
Reactions
I'm about to pull the trigger on the A2S for an upcoming trip to Hawaii. Would anyone be willing to share some raw log footage (30 secs or so) shot in 4K? I want to see how well my Macbook processes it. I've found some online but it's 5.4K which won't work with the free version of Davinci Resolve. I'm also curious about the file size compared to a 4K clip with the normal profile.

Dropbox, Google Drive works. Or, if it's under 2GB, I can share my email and we can us WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free for free.

Thanks in advance!

I'm about to pull the trigger on the A2S for an upcoming trip to Hawaii. Would anyone be willing to share some raw log footage (30 secs or so) shot in 4K? I want to see how well my Macbook processes it. I've found some online but it's 5.4K which won't work with the free version of Davinci Resolve. I'm also curious about the file size compared to a 4K clip with the normal profile.

Dropbox, Google Drive works. Or, if it's under 2GB, I can share my email and we can us WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free for free.

Thanks in advance!
You can use the 5.4K with the MacBook Pro and the free version of Davinci Resolve. It will incorporate it into a UHD 4K timeline and output it as UHD 4K

How old is your MacBook? ..... that will have a big effect on its ability to process the footage.

I'm not sure about that. It wouldn't even import it. I can import 4K just fine but it acts like I didn't do anything when I try the 5.4K files I have.

It's a 2016 with a 2.3GHz, 8-core i9 and 32GB. I'm thinking it will be fine.

I'm not sure about that. It wouldn't even import it. I can import 4K just fine but it acts like I didn't do anything when I try the 5.4K files I have.

It's a 2016 with a 2.3GHz, 8-core i9 and 32GB. I'm thinking it will be fine.
I had a MacBook like yours. It worked but was slow enough for rendering output that I upgraded to a 2021 MacBook M1.

The 5.4K footage can be brought into free Davinci Resolve 17 without any conversion. It is automaticly scaled down to 4k UHD on import. Not sure what the issue is on your end.

I've been feeling the urge to get a M1.

Hmm. Interesting. I've tried through the menu and dragging/dropping and nothing happens. Very strange if it should work. :(

You do the same, Dan.

We're in a little bit of a pickle at the moment. Wife booked airfare to Maui. Only problem is she booked a hotel on the Big Island. Of course, prices have doubled/tripled since she booked in Jan so the trip is going to be significantly more now. Scrambling to get it sorted out. 😕

You do the same, Dan.

We're in a little bit of a pickle at the moment. Wife booked airfare to Maui. Only problem is she booked a hotel on the Big Island. Of course, prices have doubled/tripled since she booked in Jan so the trip is going to be significantly more now. Scrambling to get it sorted out. 😕
Oops. Just curious. Are you trying to get a hotel on Maui or change your airfare to the Big Island?

We want to stay on Maui.

I was planning the places we wanted to see when I realized I couldn't go from point A to B and that's when I realized the predicament.

We want to stay on Maui.

I was planning the places we wanted to see when I realized I couldn't go from point A to B and that's when I realized the predicament.
Our trip in May will be our 8th time. We consider Maui the "do things" island. The Big Island is the kick back, swim, snorkel and relax island which is what we prefer at our life stage. If you stay on the west side of Maui, there's a restaurant you'll pass on the drive from the airport called Leoda's. It's a small shop on the side of the road and they make some of the best tasting small pies in the world. Leoda's And, there's a growers market beside it that's worth stopping for if it's open. I hope you get some good drone footage.

Awesome. This is our first trip but we've been talking about it for years. Appreciate the tip. I definitely want to try some local stuff.

I've been scouring the maps for places to target. My thumbs are itchy. Gotta scratch. :p

One other suggestion. If you want to see a luau, I strongly recommend the Old Lahaina Luau. It’s an independent operation, not associated with a hotel. The setting is right on the water. The food is very good. The hotel luaus are a lot of glitz, but the Old Lahaina Luau is actually the story of the hula from the original settling of the islands up to current time. It’s excellent. If you do go and happen to have a server named Kyle, tell him Dan and Betty say hello. We’ve been there four times and he was our server three of those times. You might need to get your tickets before you go as it’s pretty popular.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka