DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s 8200mAh battery

Crashdummytest

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Bet it fights the wind better with the extra weight.

Reactions: EkimO
Reactions: mavictk
Bet it fights the wind better with the extra weight.
My impression is better wind resistance. And not much performance-loss, believe it or not. It makes the drone very useful for me, as it can handle the same missions as my M3. Super-upgrade. I was always annoyed with the Air2s battery, now it is fixed.

Motors must be working hard. How hot do they get? I like the extended flight time.
I did indeed notice some extra propeller noise/stress. Here in Norway heat is almost never a problem so I cannot tell. One can wonder whether this battery upgrade will reduce drone lifespan. It certainly will, since I will use the Air2s much more frequently now. But it was expensive.

Reactions: rtr32 and tokertm
I've seen these but never really thought about buying just mainly down to the cost and overall effect it has on the drone. Would be nice to be able to stay in the air for that amount of time though.
Maybe a drunk purchase might happen. It'll come in handy for the trip to Iceland in Feb :)

I've seen these but never really thought about buying just mainly down to the cost and overall effect it has on the drone. Would be nice to be able to stay in the air for that amount of time though.
Maybe a drunk purchase might happen. It'll come in handy for the trip to Iceland in Feb :)
There is a version for M2P as well...
From my point of view it is justified due to the actual range of the drone w/ RC Pro. You can push it to the limits with this battery. Range will be similar to Mavic3. Very useful in Iceland for sure :) .

Reactions: tokertm
Does that extended battery show increased flight time in the Fly app?
From what I’ve seen with these batteries app will show you your regular 23min flight time estimate and then you just deal with all the low battery warnings and eyeball your timing to land.
Can you do longer hyperlapses with it?
I have been flying my Air2s with this 8200mAh thickened battery lately.
It provides about the same flight time as a M3 standard battery, on an Air2s! 40+ minutes!
Just great, but quite costly.

Does that extended battery show increased flight time in the Fly app?
From what I’ve seen with these batteries app will show you your regular 23min flight time estimate and then you just deal with all the low battery warnings and eyeball your timing to land.
Can you do longer hyperlapses with it?
It is an official DJI item. Fly shows the added minutes, i.e. 40+ minutes. Yes, hyperlapses etc work. There is nothing funky about it, it is made for the Air series, by DJI. Expensive though.

Why does the battery look popped out in the 4th pic ?
I don't know. The reason I posted about this battery is that I am the only one I know about who is using this battery. Is nobody else using it, really?? It is as mentioned obviously made by and for DJI, for the Air 2 series. I never seen this on sale outside of chinese shops. The quality is exactly as you would expect from DJI. The battery behaves like the other lesser Air2 batteries, it's just twice as big and heavy. Do I recommend it? Well, it does what it says on the box. Love it.

I don't know. The reason I posted about this battery is that I am the only one I know about who is using this battery. Is nobody else using it, really?? It is as mentioned obviously made by and for DJI, for the Air 2 series. I never seen this on sale outside of chinese shops. The quality is exactly as you would expect from DJI. The battery behaves like the other lesser Air2 batteries, it's just twice as big and heavy. Do I recommend it? Well, it does what it says on the box. Love it.
That's what I'm getting at , if it was indeed made by DJI, why is there no information on DJI website even mentioning the option? It wouldn't be the first time AliExpress sold counterfeit items , but the fact that it shows the correct amperage thru the app means either it is official but somehow not available to the general public or they did some really good reverse engineering.

That's what I'm getting at , if it was indeed made by DJI, why is there no information on DJI website even mentioning the option? It wouldn't be the first time AliExpress sold counterfeit items , but the fact that it shows the correct amperage thru the app means either it is official but somehow not available to the general public or they did some really good reverse engineering.
If it was 'counterfeit' there would be no reason to brand it DJI. It would sell even if it was called FatBat3000 :). It works, and is obviously of DJI make and quality. It is actually 7500mAh, not 8200mAh. I think the 8200 is for the M2P. but not sure.

If it was 'counterfeit' there would be no reason to brand it DJI. It would sell even if it was called FatBat3000 :). It works, and is obviously of DJI make and quality. It is actually 7500mAh, not 8200mAh. I think the 8200 is for the M2P. but not sure.
Do you know what "counterfeit" means ?

Though I'm with crashtest , it's possible it's a Chinese market product only. But weird that they don't open it up to more markets as it would sell.

Why does the battery look popped out in the 4th pic ?
You know, I do understand why you question this, when looking at the pictures from AliExpress. They seem counterfeit, indeed. However, I own that battery, got it from AliExpress, and it is obviously from DJI! No doubt at all. It performed an firmware update on first flight. After that it has behaved exactly like the ordinary battery. It looks exactly the same as the original Air2 battery, in fact. You see at once that it is the same make/factory/manufacturer: DJI. Believe it or not. Do I recommend you to buy that battery? Not at all, maybe I just was lucky!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geser