DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s 8200mAh battery

Do you know what "counterfeit" means ?

Though I'm with crashtest , it's possible it's a Chinese market product only. But weird that they don't open it up to more markets as it would sell.
Sorry, what I meant was that 'counterfeit' indicates that it is a copy of 'something'. If so, I have that 'something', not the 'counterfeit' version of it.

How about posting some pix of YOUR battery. Closeups of each side, top and bottom.
I guess I have to, me and my big mouth :).
Important to note that it feels exactly like the orginal DJI battery. It also has the same features, and same markings. Here are pix of my battery and my Air2s with the same inserted, turned on.

Attachments

• Image (4).jpeg
    Image (4).jpeg
    5.8 MB · Views: 43
  • Image (3).jpeg
    Image (3).jpeg
    9.4 MB · Views: 37
  • Image (2).jpeg
    Image (2).jpeg
    5.7 MB · Views: 40
  • Image (1).jpeg
    Image (1).jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 46
  • Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 36
Reactions: mavictk
Important to note that it feels exactly like the orginal DJI battery. It also has the same features, and same markings. Here are pix of my battery and my Air2s with the same inserted, turned on.
And it is clearly possible that this is kind of, ahem, modified by third party. But it works, and is at least partly original DJI.

Sorry, what I meant was that 'counterfeit' indicates that it is a copy of 'something'. If so, I have that 'something', not the 'counterfeit' version of it.
A clone or copy would be as you said just similar.

A counterfeit intends to deceive so will try to look as much like it actually came from that brand as possible in attempt to scam people.

Why does the model number on the bottom say PB2-3500mAh-11.55 and shows it rated as 3500mAh and says Mavic Air 2 (not 2s)

It looks like they took an original 3500 battery , added some cells to it, and sealed it up with the original top welded to a portion of printed material. That's not something DJI would do, they would say least have printed the correct capacity and voltage on the battery.

Image (1)-01.jpeg

A clone or copy would be as you said just similar.

A counterfeit intends to deceive so will try to look as much like it actually came from that brand as possible in attempt to scam people.
Sorry, you are right about that, I was sloppy in my language. I will also redact my statement about 'obviously DJI manufacture', but say that my guess is that it is DJI make. But now I am starting to doubt it myself. Anyway, it actually works well.

The portion that's new looks 3d printed compared to the original battery.Screenshot_20221231_190100_Chrome.jpg

So I'm betting it's not official, someone modified existing batteries and selling them as official.

Basically if you crash with that battery, DJI is not going to provide coverage due to using unauthorized components.

Why does the model number on the bottom say PB2-3500mAh-11.55 and shows it rated as 3500mAh and says Mavic Air 2 (not 2s)

It looks like they took an original 3500 battery , added some cells to it, and sealed it up with the original top welded to a portion of printed material. That's not something DJI would do, they would say least have printed the correct capacity and voltage on the battery.

View attachment 158929
Air2 and Air2s uses the same batteries. I agree about that procedure, but it is done in a quite seamless way, looks pretty good. It is probably two Air2 batteries on top of each other, connected, or one Air2 battery and one other type of battery on top. I will continue to use it, and post as soon as I get troubles with it :).

Air2 and Air2s uses the same batteries. I agree about that procedure, but it is done in a quite seamless way, looks pretty good. It is probably two Air2 batteries on top of each other, connected, or one Air2 battery and one other type of battery on top. I will continue to use it, and post as soon as I get troubles with it :).
Wouldn't be much profit in them to use two of the OEM batteries , more likely they replaced the cells with cheaper quality ones to maximize the profit margin.

Keep an eye on it, use app like air data to process your flight logs and check the battery voltage and cell diviations between flights.

When I thought of them doing an extended battery I would have pictured more of it spreading across the top front portion (but that might block the gps antenna) as a better weight distribution and more surface to cool.

Reactions: Crashdummytest
Wouldn't be much profit in them to use two of the OEM batteries , more likely they replaced the cells with cheaper quality ones to maximize the profit margin.

Keep an eye on it, use app like air data to process your flight logs and check the battery voltage and cell diviations between flights.

When I thought of them doing an extended battery I would have pictured more of it spreading across the top front portion (but that might block the gps antenna) as a better weight distribution and more surface to cool.
It was a impulse purchase, and I have been very happy with it so far. Surprisingly, it has little or no effect on control range or performance, it works like a charm as you would expect if it was professionally made. I have not thought about it not being original until now in fact :) . I can not notice that the battery is attached except for 20 min extra flight time..

Reactions: gogorokokoko
for sure it spins your motors more to create equal amount of lift and thrust due to increased weight. but i have a similar one and yes it runs ok. i think i have done 20 flights exceeding 30minutes and have not encountered any mishap whatsoever. but i do take extra caution against wind, i never fly when the winds are strong.

the motors are a little warmer after a flight compared to the regular sized batteries.

in sports mode your top speed is not as high.

for sure it spins your motors more to create equal amount of lift and thrust due to increased weight. but i have a similar one and yes it runs ok. i think i have done 20 flights exceeding 30minutes and have not encountered any mishap whatsoever. but i do take extra caution against wind, i never fly when the winds are strong.

the motors are a little warmer after a flight compared to the regular sized batteries.

in sports mode your top speed is not as high.
Right, somebody else uses it, not only me :). From my testing it seems top speed in Sports is the same, as long as you go with the wind. Controller-range also seems the same, it is not interfering with anything incl. radio, gps.

Reactions: tokertm
I did indeed notice some extra propeller noise/stress. Here in Norway heat is almost never a problem so I cannot tell. One can wonder whether this battery upgrade will reduce drone lifespan. It certainly will, since I will use the Air2s much more frequently now. But it was expensive.
At the end of the flight how hot is the battery according to the battery info in the Fly app?

Reactions: tokertm
the only problem with air2s extended batteries from aliexpress is they increase cells quantity but dont overwrite controller data to new capacity. they just add cells in parallel, also I am not sure they group them by resistance or by capacity

At the end of the flight how hot is the battery according to the battery info in the Fly app?
We should ask the other guy who had it, as it is -20 degC at my place nowadays. Nothing gets hot in -20 degC.

The portion that's new looks 3d printed compared to the original battery.View attachment 158930

So I'm betting it's not official, someone modified existing batteries and selling them as official.

Basically if you crash with that battery, DJI is not going to provide coverage due to using unauthorized components.
"Basically if you crash with that battery, DJI is not going to provide coverage due to using unauthorized components." - That makes no difference to me. If I crash I will most likely loose the drone, due to how my quadcopters are used. There is also no warranty or care refresh or nothing like that on my old Air2s. I have insurance, but only for caused damage. This is because I have flown for ages and have many different drones. So that factoid makes no difference to me IRL, if it falls it falls and it will be due to pilot error :).

Not meaning to sound careless, I care a lot about the health of my drones and overall flight security. But I only use my drones where I cannot use my mirrorless, which means mostly places not reachable by foot in fact. I have never lost a drone, and my current drones have never crashed, believe it or not. My M3 alone has 150 hours in the air already.

Actually you may not be increasing battery temperature.

I didn't measure the battery temp, but the current draw increases from around 7A to 10A, measured via flight recorder. At the same time resistance drops by half, so overall heat generation is the same in watts. 7^2*Ra = 10^2*(0.5Ra). (where Ra is the internal single pack resistance)

Per cell, heat generation is also reduced because you have a 3 cell pack initially and now being 6 pack, per cell now is 5^2*(Ra/3) while initially it is 7^2*(Ra/3) per cell.

It matches my personal touch thermometer - ie not hot to touch.

Of course this assumes you use good cell packs - original DJI OEM packs that has equal to the internal cell resistance. If you use some poor quality cells obviously there will be more heat generated when resistance is imbalanced.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrock