DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s 8200mAh battery

Would love the extended battery life but unless it comes officially from DJI themselves,it's a no go for me.

Lol that looks like it could GO BOOM!! eventually btw lol.

Btw I would never buy anything from Aliexpress that place I was told is Scam Central/Counterfeit Central.

Last edited:
How are things today with this battery now that you have had it a year? I need a battery that will let me fly farther & longer.

Reactions: rgarjr
You know, I do understand why you question this, when looking at the pictures from AliExpress. They seem counterfeit, indeed. However, I own that battery, got it from AliExpress, and it is obviously from DJI! No doubt at all. It performed an firmware update on first flight. After that it has behaved exactly like the ordinary battery. It looks exactly the same as the original Air2 battery, in fact. You see at once that it is the same make/factory/manufacturer: DJI. Believe it or not. Do I recommend you to buy that battery? Not at all, maybe I just was lucky!
Of course, the battery is NOT made by DJI, my mistake, I didn't check it properly as I was convinced it was. It worked well though, but now I have sold the air2s including the battery.

Reactions: J. Dub
It might bounce around slightly less in turbulence, due to the increased inertia. But would maximum airspeed be increased by added weight?
No, unfortunately not. There is a slight performance hit as the drone becomes less aerodynamic, but wind resistance was not affected at all in my view, maybe slightly better in fact.

No, unfortunately not. There is a slight performance hit as the drone becomes less aerodynamic, but wind resistance was not affected at all in my view, maybe slightly better in fact.
The added weight also causes a loss of performance, probably greater than that caused by the added drag. Neither would cause an increase in airspeed for better progress upwind.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki