DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S and controller having a hard time shaking hands.

scoobie77

Reactions
After going through the normal sequence of getting to take-off, the controller and 2s don't see each other. No handshake. I fiddle with turning off the controller, and then the drone and reloading the app, etc., and eventually it links and everything is normal. However, yesterday there was no handshake no matter what I did. Batteries are fully charged and there is no software/firmware update notice. Any suggestions as what I should try now?

Try a manually triggered re-linking/re-pairing of the drone and controller.
If that fails do you have another drone with the same model of controller, if so try that controller with the Air 2S and the Air 2S controller with the other drone.
Extending that idea do you know someone with another Air 2s etc. etc. etc......

I had a similar experience, Air 2S as well, swapped out the USB cable for a new one and it seems to be fine now. Perhaps just re-seating the cable might help?

Reactions: Joeblow and Dbez1
Like KTM above, I had a similar problem with the 2S and a new cable fixed it.
I ordered a new cable, but in the meantime, I found that the controller and the drone had mismatched firmware. I fixed that and they still would not link. However, after an hour or so when everything had been turned off for a while, I tried again, and this time it linked. I don't trust it yet, but the mismatched firmware was probably the cause. Thanks to all who helped me with your suggestions.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne