DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S and RC controller

mb9162

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I know that the Air 2S in OC3, while the Mini 4Pro is OC 4. The A2S and M3P works with the RC controller with OC3.
Does anybody know if DJI might update or allow the OC4 RC controller to work with the A2S and M3P? Sure would be nice to have one RC controller, since I own
M3P, M4P, A2S and nano+.

This from the specs page for the RC Controller

• DJI RC adopts OcuSync HD video transmission technology. When connected to other compatible drone models, DJI RC will switch to the corresponding video transmission technology.
    With different aircraft hardware, the corresponding video transmission specifications are as follows:
    DJI Mini 3 Pro: O3
    DJI Mavic 3 Classic: O3+
    DJI Mavic 3: O3+
    DJI Mavic 3 Cine: O3+
    DJI Air 2S: O3

Yeah they might; it's possible. I don't know that anyone knows for sure why it can't be done. We're all waiting, should know one way or the other pretty soon (before the year is over) hopefully.

Reactions: TheRock

Video Transmission​

• Video Transmission System​

• DJI RC adopts OcuSync HD video transmission technology. When connected to other compatible drone models, DJI RC will switch to the corresponding video transmission technology.
    With different aircraft hardware, the corresponding video transmission specifications are as follows:

Yeah they might; it's possible. I don't know that anyone knows for sure why it can't be done. We're all waiting, should know one way or the other pretty soon (before the year is over) hopefully.
Wait I’m confused. You both seem be saying different things. DJI says the controller currrently will switch back and forth from O3 to O4 to accommodate the Mini 4 Pro and the A2S.

Am I missing something?

The RC Pro controller is >amazing< ... super well built - I love it ... and there is a ton of them around now with everyone selling the 2s and going A3.

Video Transmission​

• Video Transmission System​

Wait I’m confused. You both seem be saying different things. DJI says the controller currrently will switch back and forth from O3 to O4 to accommodate the Mini 4 Pro and the A2S.

Am I missing something?
Do you have a source for that? I've never seen a single thing saying any controller will switch from O3 to O4. Currently none do that I know of.

RC-N2 and the RC2 both are O4 currently only support the Mini 4 Pro and the Air 3. They don't support anything other than those. And no controllers other than the RC-N2 and RC2 work with Air 3 or Mini 4 Pro.

I wish my RC Pro worked with the Air 3 but that's not supported. Not sure if it will ever happen.

Do you have a source for that? I've never seen a single thing saying any controller will switch from O3 to O4. Currently none do that I know of.

RC-N2 and the RC2 both are O4 currently only support the Mini 4 Pro and the Air 3. They don't support anything other than those. And no controllers other than the RC-N2 and RC2 work with Air 3 or Mini 4 Pro.

I wish my RC Pro worked with the Air 3 but that's not supported. Not sure if it will ever happen.
I don’t have a source other than the blurb posted from the DJI site but ….I think the cause of my confusion is that the blurb refers to the compatibility of the Mini 3 pro controller and not the Mini 4 pro controller.

Sorry for injecting confusion into the conversation

Reactions: rawman001
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weblloyd