DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S Auto mode for video

Roamer105

Reactions
I have never been a fan of "auto" modes while taking video. I have been shooting video with the Mavic 2 PRO for years now and I never relied on anything auto because the results were definitely undesirable in most cases. The changes and adaptations are far too significant and truly annoying and often totally destructive. Well, that is what I have been experiencing for years. But due to some "accident" I found out that the "Auto" mode on the Air 2s works incredibly well for videography. I record in HLG mode at EV -0.7 as a basis. Recently, I left it in "auto" mode by mistake and shot a very difficult sequence (sunset light etc..) in auto mode with the Air 2S. The results are absolutely amazing! DJI did an fantastic job in making exposure adaptations almost imperceptible trying to match the normal human adaptation to light.

Reactions: Loonie01
I have never been a fan of "auto" modes while taking video. I have been shooting video with the Mavic 2 PRO for years now and I never relied on anything auto because the results were definitely undesirable in most cases. The changes and adaptations are far too significant and truly annoying and often totally destructive. Well, that is what I have been experiencing for years. But due to some "accident" I found out that the "Auto" mode on the Air 2s works incredibly well for videography. I record in HLG mode at EV -0.7 as a basis. Recently, I left it in "auto" mode by mistake and shot a very difficult sequence (sunset light etc..) in auto mode with the Air 2S. The results are absolutely amazing! DJI did an fantastic job in making exposure adaptations almost imperceptible trying to match the normal human adaptation to light.
Would love to see the video!

Reactions: pommy
Thanks for sharing this information, I have the Air 2s, but have never tried using the auto settings, but will try now.

Here is the "accidental" video I was referring to. I made almost no "tweeks" to it with Resolve 17+ to get it nearly perfectly into HDR10. If you have such a device to watch it with, you might see why I am rather excited about the "auto" mode. For the most part, it did just what I would have done after the fact. But because it is done before initial encoding the results are far better.

Here it is:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000