DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S battery 0% - now it won't charge. Is there a way to wake it up?

Don't mess around with a dead battery. Even a good battery needs to be supervised while charging. Charge it outside where you won't risk your house or anything around it. Ask me how I found out.

A couple of years ago, I had a battery that would not charge. DJI said to hold the button down for 30+ seconds to try and reset it. Don't know if it will work for you, but you might try it.

The Air 2S doesn't allow charging through the drone, only the charger itself or the charging hub!
That's probably why I haven't done it with my A2S yet. LOL Actually, that's interesting. So the USB C port on the A2S is ONLY for connecting to the drone for files? Not charging?
Every other DJI I have had did it (including my MA2).
I wonder why DJI decided to take that feature OUT of the A2S. I mean, the MA2 and A2S use the SAME battery.
They must have decided to save money by not adding the charging circuit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yaros
That's probably why I haven't done it with my A2S yet. LOL Actually, that's interesting. So the USB C port on the A2S is ONLY for connecting to the drone for files? Not charging?
Every other DJI I have had did it (including my MA2).
I wonder why DJI decided to take that feature OUT of the A2S. I mean, the MA2 and A2S use the SAME battery.
They must have decided to save money by not adding the charging circuit.
The mavic air 2 can't be charged with the USB port either!

Really? I could swear I charged the battery via the port. Guess I'm losing my mental faculties. Just a sign of getting old...
and having too many drones (who ever says THAT?).
I know that the mini 2 can be charged with the USB port, I have tried with my mavic air 2 and my friend's air 2S, but it doesn't charge.

Not sure about the Mavic Air, you were saying about the Mavic Air 2 and the 2S.

I fly nothing but electrics and have had batteries that I have run down to zero and brought them back from the dead(however comma) they never come back to the state they were in before and in fact I have had some batteries show full charge then fail and had to take a trash bag to pick up the pieces. I have also had batteries puff in charging and get so hot you could not hold them. I am really lucky they didn’t catch fire. I really would not want any of my drones to fall out of the sky. I think several gave you sage advice either dump it or use the battery for updates.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian