DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s bug?

HeliDog

Reactions
My Air 2s reset my photo number count back to 001 today. My Mavic 1 has never done that no matter where card was formatted, in aircraft or PC yet maintained sequential count. Picture count was 0345 not 9999 which IMHO is another bug reported many times over.

I looked into my save folder and logged last number recorded then renumbered the five shots taken today. I added the last renumbered shot back to the memory card then installed back into the aircraft. I took a shot which the aircraft increased the count by one.

My little brain would think that the Air 2s would have a bit of NVRAM to save count?

Reactions: EtheB
It should but it doesn't and it sounds like you've found the fix. It seems like such a simple thing - after all, virtually every other digital camera available can keep track of where it is sequentially even when the files are deleted.

My Air 2s reset my photo number count back to 001 today.
This is just another of the problems DJI has dumped on users with the DJI Fly app.
All DJI drones that use the Fly app do that.
I looked into my save folder and logged last number recorded then renumbered the five shots taken today. I added the last renumbered shot back to the memory card then installed back into the aircraft. I took a shot which the aircraft increased the count by one.
That "workaround" isn't any help for serious photographers who shoot multiple batteries and want to use a fresh SD card for each flight.
DJI Fly is a huge step backwards for the company that used to produce great drones for photographers.
A lot of things they've done lately suggest that they have lost the plot now.

DJI Fly is a huge step backwards for the company that used to produce great drones for photographers.
A lot of things they've done lately suggest that they have lost the plot now.
Yep, I agree. After being a DJI fanboy for 7 years I'm quite disappointed in their last two drones. I was tolerant of the minimalistic RC on the Mini2, along with the minimalistic FLY app because of the price point, but pairing those with the A2S and especially the expensive prosumer M3 is just wrong. I'm close to selling my A2S, and I haven't bought the M3 for the same reasons. If the M3 had used the M2 controller and GO4 app, I would have bought one. They're going cheap on things that matter. I'm so disappointed that I'm simply not much of a fanboy anymore. I've lost confidence in DJI. However I do enjoy flying my M2 and P4P, as well as the MINI 2. The MINI2 is so quiet, it's very useful in certain locations.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake