DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s camera position when using litchi android

BernieA

Reactions
I'm using an Air 2s with Litchi Android version. Now that it supports waypoints, can anyone tell me how to fly from one waypoint to the next and have the camera start facing the ground then slowly angle up to horizontal by the time it reaches the next waypoint? I'm pretty sure it can do this, but I just don't know how.

Think you can achieve this by using POI's & set the heights of them & have the default gimbal pitch mode in the mission hub set to "Focus POI".

For instance, if you have your first WP at 30m height, then place POI #1 right in front of it (or on top of the WP) & set the POI height to 1m & set the WP so the camera will focus on POI #1 ... this will see to that the camera is pointing down. For the second WP (also 30m height) you do the same, place POI #2 right in front of it but set the POI height to the same height as the WP (30m).

If I do a simple mission like this it will start out with the camera down & on the way to WP2 it will gradually pitch up the camera & reach a horizontal camera pitch when it reaches WP2... added a third WP also to pitch down the camera again, it works... at least when I test run the mission via Virtual Litchi Mission (VLM) in Google Earth.

1643149834612.png

And here how it looks in Google Earth ...

Reactions: Tufargon
Think you can achieve this by using POI's & set the heights of them & have the default gimbal pitch mode in the mission hub set to "Focus POI".

For instance, if you have your first WP at 30m height, then place POI #1 right in front of it (or on top of the WP) & set the POI height to 1m & set the WP so the camera will focus on POI #1 ... this will see to that the camera is pointing down. For the second WP (also 30m height) you do the same, place POI #2 right in front of it but set the POI height to the same height as the WP (30m).

If I do a simple mission like this it will start out with the camera down & on the way to WP2 it will gradually pitch up the camera & reach a horizontal camera pitch when it reaches WP2... added a third WP also to pitch down the camera again, it works... at least when I test run the mission via Virtual Litchi Mission (VLM) in Google Earth.

View attachment 142666

Thank you. I'll give it a try.

Reactions: slup

View attachment 142666

Love it. Never thought of doing this and it seems very simple. Thank you for the extra tool we can all use.

I'm using an Air 2s with Litchi Android version. Now that it supports waypoints, can anyone tell me how to fly from one waypoint to the next and have the camera start facing the ground then slowly angle up to horizontal by the time it reaches the next waypoint? I'm pretty sure it can do this, but I just don't know how.
Are these true waypoint missions or does the controller need to remain connected to the drone? Can I turn off the controller and the drone still fly the mission? Thanks!

Are these true waypoint missions or does the controller need to remain connected to the drone? Can I turn off the controller and the drone still fly the mission? Thanks!
For all drone models, mainly ... that uses the DJI FLY app, Litchi doesn't upload the mission to the drone ... the RC needs to be connected as it constantly sends the commands.

For my Mavic Air 1 it's possible to chose "continue mission at connection loss", this as most of the mission is uploaded to the drone ... speed changes & change of camera gimbal angels will not work during a disconnect though.

For all drone models, mainly ... that uses the DJI FLY app, Litchi doesn't upload the mission to the drone ... the RC needs to be connected as it constantly sends the commands.

For my Mavic Air 1 it's possible to chose "continue mission at connection loss", this as most of the mission is uploaded to the drone ... speed changes & change of camera gimbal angels will not work during a disconnect though.
Thanks so much for the clarification. I used to have an original Mavic/Mavic Pro that would actually fly waypoints beyond remote controller range. Understand - Thanks again!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys