DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S Controller question.

gcopter1

Reactions
Which model originally comes with the A2S?
I see there are 2 versions; RC231 and RC-N1, yet, when I do a Google search for the RC-N1, looking at the pics for the advertised RC-N1, I can barely discern that in fact, it is a RC231.

The one I own, says RC231, but I purchased this used, it didn't came with my A2S.

I see there are 2 versions; RC231 and RC-N1, yet, when I do a Google search for the RC-N1, looking at the pics for the advertised RC-N1, I can barely discern that in fact, it is a RC231.

The one I own, says RC231, but I purchased this used, it didn't came with my A2S.

I purchased the MA2 Fly More Combo and it came with a RC-N1.

I think some newer MA2's and MA2s's had a newer remote introduced with the package. Perhaps it's the RC231?

DJI branded the remotes different when a newer drone (Mini 2?) was released and a GoFly update to reflect the new "cinematic" mode, but they both work and pair the same with the drones.

About the only difference that I know of is that the original remote says TRIPOD on the remote speed switch and the LED's are white.

The new remote says CINE and the LED's are green.

Reactions: gcopter1
Just some anecdotal data... when I purchased my Air 2S the remote I received says "RC231" on the back. The remote I received with my Mini 2 also says "RC231"

When I connect the remotes to DJI Assistant 2, both are reported as "RC-N1". The firmware for the Air 2S controller is V04.12.0055 while the firmware for the Mini 2 controller is V04.11.0032 - so there does appear to be some difference between the two in that regard.

Reactions: MA2 317

Check the part number on the back of the remote your combo came with and report back here.

As far as I know (and maybe you'll prove something wrong with a different part number) that RC-N1 is the marketing name used for the controller, but the part/model number is RC231. They did change the text and light colors, but did not change the marketing name or Part Number. All the ones I've seen have model number RC231 on the back.

Check the part number on the back of the remote your combo came with and report back here.

As far as I know (and maybe you'll prove something wrong with a different part number) that RC-N1 is the marketing name used for the controller, but the part/model number is RC231. They did change the text and light colors, but did not change the marketing name or Part Number. All the ones I've seen have model number RC231 on the back.

Thanks for the heads up. 👍

Mine says RC231 as well.

Reactions: z28lt1

I just purchased an Air 2S Combo. It came with an RC231 controller.

I am also curious if there is transmission differences between remotes, from what I can tell there is not but im not sure. I have the following that came with dif models.

Mini 2 RC231 (Green LEDs)
Air 2 RC231 (White LEDs)
Air 2S RC231 (Green LEDs)
Mavic 3 RC231 (Green LEDs)

All 4 version have CINE on the remote not Tripod

Reactions: Yaros
I am thoroughly confused.

My situation: Air 2, then mini 2, then upgrade to 2S aircraft only. Using Air 2 RC with 2S. It works, it was logical.

However, I think I'm leaving functionality on the table. The Air 2 and it's remote are O2, while the Mini 2 and it's RC are O3. The 2S is capable of O2 and O3.

So, I'd be better off using my Mini 2 RC for the 2S, using O3, right?

A rebinding switching aircraft, but that's no big deal.

I am thoroughly confused.

My situation: Air 2, then mini 2, then upgrade to 2S aircraft only. Using Air 2 RC with 2S. It works, it was logical.

However, I think I'm leaving functionality on the table. The Air 2 and it's remote are O2, while the Mini 2 and it's RC are O3. The 2S is capable of O2 and O3.

So, I'd be better off using my Mini 2 RC for the 2S, using O3, right?

A rebinding switching aircraft, but that's no big deal.
All the remotes are the same. Don't worry about which one you used.

DJI has changed their terminology over time to represent what really happens originally saying (close paraphrase) "The Air 2S uses O3 and the remote uses O2 to communicate" and are now saying "The RC will switch between O2 and O3 depending upon what it is connected to".

The hardware in the remotes are all the same (unlike the drone's extra antennas), the software does the communication changes to make it work. Use anyone you got...

**EDIT** I'm talking about the standard RC231 remotes. It is unknown at this point if the RC Pro offers any hardware advantages for O3.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spshow