DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s / DJI Fly App Buttons Unresponsive

st102688

Reactions
Good evening!

I've had my Air 2s for a few weeks and it the DJI Fly app has recently been giving me issues during flight. If it matters, I power the controller on first, then launch the app, and lastly power on the drone. Everything works normally while on the ground. Once I take off I am able to take a couple of pictures, maybe a video and then every button on the screen will become unresponsive. RTH, shutter, map, everything. The manual shutter button doesn't work either. I am able to manually fly and land at which point I will power everything off and attempt another flight. Some of the time the issue will be resolved for the remainder of the battery, other times the issue will immediately present itself as it did previously.

I've seen a new firmware update available twice during each of the last 2 days - I had hoped that was going to resolve my issue - unfortunately it didn't and I'm here bothering you fine people!

I'm sure there is more information you might need to help me diagnose the issue. Let me know and I'll try to get it ASAP!

Steve

No more flights something is wrong, I would uninstall the Application on the phone,
I would check to see if your up to date on the Phone itself.

If that did not work I would than plug into the Assistant 2 to see if that fixes it.
I would also consider rebinding the Drone and if all that fails look into the Controller as being compromised.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2S in the Rain and Float on Water.

Reactions: Saladshooter
Had this happen to me. It was my iPhone.

Upgraded to an iPhone 11 (from 6S Plus) - never happened since.

It sounds like the controller and the connection between the drone and the controller are operating normally, even when the app locks up. I'd guess that the problem is in the app, the phone, or the connection between the controller and the phone.

As PhantomRain.org suggested, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app on the phone. A corrupted app is a good possibility.

Other things to try:

Verify that you have plenty of storage capacity and available memory on the phone.
Close down all other apps on the phone before loading the app.
When the screen controls lock up, try opening other apps on your phone to see if the phone itself is locked up.
Try another cable from phone to controller. Try connecting to the other port on the controller.

When the screen controls lock up, try letting the drone hover and restart the app, or if that can't be done, restart the phone. That might provide some more diagnostic information.

Good evening!

I've had my Air 2s for a few weeks and it the DJI Fly app has recently been giving me issues during flight. If it matters, I power the controller on first, then launch the app, and lastly power on the drone. Everything works normally while on the ground. Once I take off I am able to take a couple of pictures, maybe a video and then every button on the screen will become unresponsive. RTH, shutter, map, everything. The manual shutter button doesn't work either. I am able to manually fly and land at which point I will power everything off and attempt another flight. Some of the time the issue will be resolved for the remainder of the battery, other times the issue will immediately present itself as it did previously.

I've seen a new firmware update available twice during each of the last 2 days - I had hoped that was going to resolve my issue - unfortunately it didn't and I'm here bothering you fine people!

I'm sure there is more information you might need to help me diagnose the issue. Let me know and I'll try to get it ASAP!

Steve
Steve, What device are you using? You may be running low on memory resources on the device. If uninstalling and reinstalling the app doesn't solve your problem, you may need to upgrade the device.

Reactions: pommy
Could be a compatibility issue with your particular phone/model/operating system-release. For what it is worth (others may want to chime in), my sequence now is: power up drone, clear all active apps from my phone, attach to controller, power up controller, allow controller to attach to drone and phone, fly.

Thank you all for the help. The phone I've been using is a Samsung Galaxy S10. I was able to uninstall and reinstall the app and I've experienced no issues since. I also received an Asus Zenpad Z8s yesterday which has also been working flawlessly.

If you're using DJI Fly 1.4.8 App then install an older version of the app! For android you can google an APK and download (ONLY FROM TRUSTED SOURCES) and for iOS go to official DJI FLY Downloads page and there is a button to download older version of the app!

Hello, New Air 2S owner here. I have been having similar issues with my app. The longer I fly, the worse it gets.
All other apps closed
94 of 128GB available
iPhone 7plus
My phone gets very warm and the touch screen controls become unresponsive. Many features such as Asteroid, Helix, etc. are not even showing. The second video recorded to my phone seems to be missing data (frames) which made it look jumpy and sped up.

I do however get a "CPU full" warning. I have not tried reinstalling the app yet. I expect to get my new iPhone 13 Pro Monday. I suspect that will solve the problem.

Though it seems the my 7plus should be able to handle it.

Thoughts?

Hello, New Air 2S owner here. I have been having similar issues with my app. The longer I fly, the worse it gets.
All other apps closed
94 of 128GB available
iPhone 7plus
My phone gets very warm and the touch screen controls become unresponsive. Many features such as Asteroid, Helix, etc. are not even showing. The second video recorded to my phone seems to be missing data (frames) which made it look jumpy and sped up.

I do however get a "CPU full" warning. I have not tried reinstalling the app yet. I expect to get my new iPhone 13 Pro Monday. I suspect that will solve the problem.

Thoughts?
Download previous version of the Fly App on iOS here: DJI Fly

After that your settings will probably reset, so make sure to set the RTH Height again!

Reactions: Macronaut59
All other apps closed
94 of 128GB available
iPhone 7plus

Thoughts?
It's 100% your phone. Installing the previous app may or may not work.

As you're getting a new phone, I wouldn't bother messing and just wait :)

Reactions: Macronaut59

Just finish setting up the new phone without reinstalling the app, present or previous versions. Like you, I'm thinking it just might be the phone. At least this way I have/will eliminate the phone as the problem. If I do both, I have no way of knowing what the fix was. Now I have to wait until the weekend to try it...working the graveyard shift kinda bites at times. :(

UPDATE:
I went out today with the new phone and everything worked just fine with no glitches. I had a great time with this nice piece of tech.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada