DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S excessive braking

wilger

Reactions
I have recently been trying to use my Air 2S in Map Pilot Pro and have an issue. Everything seems fine except as drone gets near the end of a pass and is about to do the u turn it starts to pitch up and down like its braking too hard or too often. Tried slowing it down but same. Straight aways are fine. Any ideas?

I'm just guessing here but it may have something to do with virtual sticks which the MA2S uses. The mission is not loaded into the drone itself. All movements are sent from the controller/phone/tablet to the drone so it's never as smooth because of the delay. Also if you lose connection to the drone the mission will abort and do whatever you have set for RTH. The main reason why I sold my MA2 (which also uses virtual sticks) and bought an M2P was because I like flying missions and the MA2's videos ended up being unusable to me.

The only thing i've seen to somewhat correct the jerky movements with virtual sticks is to slow the turns down significantly.

Last edited:
Tried setting map route speed slower but it still goes goofy in the turns.......
I guess with a mission like this you are not rounding your turns. The speed I heard for smoothening it out was for rounded turns and at a lower speed of like 3.5. Can't remember if that was feet per second or meters but I would imagine it was feet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman